JH
Posted By
John-Pierre_Hannam
Mar 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Don’t know if anyone uses this particular antivirus program but it has suddenly begun to interfere with the successful loading of PSCS2 on my XP system. Photoshop appears to load successfully, reads all the preference files, etc. but as soon as I click on a menu item, the menus go blank (white) and PS hangs. Actually, it gets to the point where the splash screen should load (I never turned it off) but the splash does not load. Otherwise, everything looks fine until I click on a menu item or tool.

I tried Robert Levine’s suggestion to delete the preference files and of course CTL-SHFT-ALT but always get the same result. If I turn OFF the antivirus program, PS loads just fine.

I will try to notify Trend Micro and let them know but thought I would share this experience in any others are having a similar problem.

Jake

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JH
John-Pierre_Hannam
Mar 15, 2007
I am still awaiting a response from Trend Micro but there is a workaround if anyone is having the same problem:

Close Internet Security 2007 before loading Photoshop. Everything loads just fine including the splash screen. And no blank menus!

Then you can reload PC-Cillin Internet Security and Photoshop to your heart’s content. Strange but it works …

This must have occurred with one of the automatic updates I got from Trend Micro in the last two or three days because I never had any problems with either program prior to that.

Jake
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Mar 15, 2007
I once had a problem with my internet security software (Panda Platinum) in that it persisted to report continuous attacks to the computer. Nothing to do with PS, BTW.

It continued to do so after I disconnected the pc from my network router.

I uninstalled the security suite, and reinstalled from the CD, having it load every update again, after which the problem was gone.

The security software is installed on three pc’s here, but the other two kept behaving normally when the first one went bad.

Just a glitch, who knows.

Rob
G
george
Mar 18, 2007
I use PC-Cillin Internet Security 2007 with PSCS2 and have no problems. You may have some totally different problem than what you suspect…

wrote in message
Don’t know if anyone uses this particular antivirus program but it has suddenly begun to interfere with the successful loading of PSCS2 on my XP system. Photoshop appears to load successfully, reads all the preference files, etc. but as soon as I click on a menu item, the menus go blank (white) and PS hangs. Actually, it gets to the point where the splash screen should load (I never turned it off) but the splash does not load. Otherwise, everything looks fine until I click on a menu item or tool.
I tried Robert Levine’s suggestion to delete the preference files and of course CTL-SHFT-ALT but always get the same result. If I turn OFF the antivirus program, PS loads just fine.

I will try to notify Trend Micro and let them know but thought I would share this experience in any others are having a similar problem.
Jake

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections