JM
Posted By
Judith_Monteferrante
Jan 31, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After replacing my Hard drive on a Dell PC as a last resort, reinstalling PSCS4 extended (with a prior purchase of additional RAM and the new Nvieda video card – Quadro CX) – things started to work normally again. So one by one I reinstalled various additonal programs and plug in’s. ALL stopped working again after installion of just one Nik plugs in- Sharpener Pro 3. After a complete de installation of PSCS4 and then the entire suite – twice – it was still not running correctly. My IT friend then checked my registry, etc, and NIK not completely gone from the system. After he deleting all these hidden files, and a forth re installion, I am finally fully functional!! It has been a battle since November! But NIK plug in definely the blame. It was very sticky. Cheers at last. Judith

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Jan 31, 2009
Please let them know. I found their plug-ins to be quite neutral with respect to interactions.
KN
Keith_Nuttall
Feb 2, 2009
There was a problem with new releases of their latest plug-ins, but I believe these have been fixed in minor updates.
HB
harold_berm
Feb 2, 2009
It seems really strange that Nik would leave much behind after uninstalling, or that some stray Nik reg entry would affect PS behavior. The only thing I can think of is if you somehow got the auto loading of the plugin stuck on after uninstalling.

I’ve been using them for years and always install all my 3rd party plugins to a separate folder for times of upgrading and/or troubleshooting.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections