D
Posted By
DV8R
Dec 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ok guys if your like me and dont like your privacy invaded and people knowing when your using there software than just get this simple firewall software called ZONE ALARM its totally free and will keep Photoshop and any other apps from accessing the internet when you dont want them to.

First activate your Photoshop without Zone alarm and then activate Zone alarm after your done installing and activating. This will simply keep it from calling to adobe everytime you start CS.

Get it at www.zonelabs.com

SCREW SPYWARE!!!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RL
Robert_Levine
Dec 16, 2003
Grow up. PS does not phone home everytime you start it.

Bob
TM
The Magician
Dec 16, 2003
In article ,
says…
Grow up. PS does not phone home everytime you start it.

Bob

You grow up…or stop lying…I have Photoshop 7, and it tries "phoning home" every 4-6 startups in an attempt to "look for updates" etc…but my ZoneAlarm is set to stop it now.
I can just imagine whay CS does!
So your full ‘o shit Mr. Adobeforums.
P.S.
It’s a cracked version that woiks JUST fine thank you…nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah ,nyah…nyah…!
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Dec 16, 2003
True. I have Symantic, and it also notifys you when unauthorized outgoing occurs. Adobe is a no-show.
L
LenHewitt
Dec 16, 2003
Had you bothered to study the alert from ZoneAlarm, you would have found that the machine it was talking to was….YOUR OWN MACHINE! Yes, 127.0.0.1 aka LOCALHOST!

(Good Grief! It was ‘spying’ on itself!)
TM
The Magician
Dec 16, 2003
In article ,
says…
Had you bothered to study the alert from ZoneAlarm, you would have found that the machine it was talking to was….YOUR OWN MACHINE! Yes, 127.0.0.1 aka LOCALHOST!

(Good Grief! It was ‘spying’ on itself!)

Nope…sorry monkeyboy…it’s dialing OUT!
Even says so in frickin’ Photoshop as it’s doing it.
(Dammit…don’tcha know the ONE time I actually WANT it to do it, so I can copy the message…it DOESN’T!)
"Photoshop is connecting to blah, blah, blah to download updates, blah, blah.blah…"
I KNOW when something’s calling out on my machine dood.
AP
amie_park
Dec 16, 2003
I seem to remember a thread at some point that said that Zone Alarm was causing crashes unless it’s on the low setting….so why bother?

Amie
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 16, 2003
amie, i’ve been using za for years and that’s just not true.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Dec 17, 2003
I thought ZA was smarter than that! It talks to itself! Tell me, does it answer itself? If so, off to the loony (er,Trash) bin! 😉
PH
Photo_Help
Dec 17, 2003
Lawrence,

I believe Len was saying that Photoshop is talking to itself, Not ZA.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 17, 2003
no – ps is talking to the localhost port on your system. used with version cue. iirc, one of the guys said this was left on by mistake and would be corrected in a dot release. but you can safely block the access if you like with zone alarm (iow, blocking it will not break ps’s functionality as it doesn’t need to connect to the internet to work.).
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Dec 17, 2003
PH:

Just a joke, son, just a joke!:-)
PH
Photo_Help
Dec 17, 2003
Lawrence,

I know 🙂 You just fumbled the delivery a bit.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Dec 17, 2003
Humor is such hard work! Guys like you just waiting…….:-)
GM
Gary_Monson
Dec 30, 2003
Hi All new to the forums, I was getting a alert pop up from Zone Alarm Pro, on my main machine, but not on my laptop…the program calling out was a ~DF394B.tmp and ~DEBE26.tmp safecast2 it would load a new instance every time into zone alarm and …/localsettings/temp file i also had a epson 1280 printer and loaded the new drivers. Still had the same pop ups, I went into zone alarm to program control went to the main tab and set my program control to med.from high This corrected the problem Is there going to be a fix for this from adobe?
Running Adobe Creative Suite Premium
P4 3.06ghz hyperthreader
Asus p4t533-c
1gig pc1066 rdram
ati radeon 9700
xp pro
CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 9, 2004
Adobe can’t fix what Adobe isn’t causing.

Photoshop is not the culprit here, keep looking.
L
LenHewitt
Jan 9, 2004
Gary,

That will be Version Cue. It’s is only connecting to localhost port:3703, nothing external to your machine. Add it to your trusted list.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 9, 2004
ZoneAlarm complains about connections to localhost? Wow. I’m not sure if that’s ultra paranoid or ultra silly.
G
graffiti
Jan 9, 2004
Wow. I’m not sure if that’s ultra paranoid or ultra silly.

Some folks would say the same about not being able to open an image file of a $20 bill. 🙂
VS
Vernon_Stevens
Jan 10, 2004
Didn’t you promise to leave once before DV8R? I remember the post was full of expletives and name-calling because you thought this forum was useless. I hate it when people don’t keep their promises.

Ahhh, here it is:

DV8R "Forum Censorship?" 12/19/03 5:23pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/22>

VES
L
LenHewitt
Jan 10, 2004
It complains about ANYTHING acting as a server Chris, regardless of the destination ip address…..
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 10, 2004
I think of it more as "alerting the user" than complaining! <wink>
W
W._Malloch
Jan 10, 2004
After reading the foregoing I’m not sure if this fits or not but here goes:

When working in CS I go to my D drive to review images stored there. I will higlight with a left mouse click and then right click to get the pop-up menu with the delete command displayed. When I right click I get a pop-up from Norton (I use Symantec fire wall and AV software) saying "photoshop.exe is attempting to access the internet". I click on the "permit" button and the pop-up goes away. I then can use the delete command on the file that I’ve chosen. This started about 2 weeks ago. I upgraded from 7.1 to CS about 3 months ago and have had no major problems. I would appreciate any observations or recommendations from forum members. TIA.

Bill Malloch

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections