JC
Posted By
Jane Carter
Jun 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Has anybody bought the new EC upgrade? Textures. (I have EC4000 and it’s great.) <http://www.alienskin.com/ec5t/>
I think there is a lot of duplication, but once I see how somebody here likes it, I should probably get it. Then there will be 2 more in 2005.
Thanks,
Jane

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JH
Jim_Hess
Jun 24, 2004
I suspect that you will not get a lot of help on this forum for this software. I hadn’t even heard of it before I read your message. I haven’t seen anyone else refer this software, either. I guess if you have it, and you use it, and you like it, if the upgrade is worth it to you, then get it.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 24, 2004
Jim,

It’s not exactly the way it works… Some time ago (a little over a year, as far as I can remember), it was forbidden to mention the name of any other company on this board. I mean, any organization that would sell something, like books, online classes, 3rd party plugins, etc.

Nowadays, rules on this board have loosen up a bit, so it would seem, for the benefit of all. That’s why you’ve not heard about this plugin before. Or several others, for that matter. Like Dreamsuite, KPT collection, Human Software, etc.

Ray
JH
Jim_Hess
Jun 24, 2004
Ray,

Thank you for the explanation. I did not know that. It seems that it is time for me to shut up for a while, which I will do.

Jim
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 24, 2004
Not at all !!!! I didn’t mean that, and if that’s the way you understood, that I’m sorry, it wasn’t meant that way.

Ray
JH
Jim_Hess
Jun 24, 2004
Ray,

Just kidding. 🙂 Nobody else had replied, so I thought I would just get things going.

Jim
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 24, 2004
I have Eye Candy 4000 but I really don’t use it much … just the occasional dip into it for the Challenge if I’m in a rush.

I have looked at the textures but as you said Jane there does seem to be a lot of duplication so I don’t think that I will be upgrading.

Wendy
SS
Susan_S.
Jun 25, 2004
I find that I can do most things with the Elements provided plug ins – I used super blade pro in Elements a bit – but now I have CS I can do most things that it can do much faster using custom layer styles. Textures are pretty easy to create yourself from sections of photograph or by using the clouds filter in combination with lighting effects, or painting or scanning in fabric or real physical media such as a section of sponge painted surface. If I was a professional and needed to do things in a hurry I might see the need but the creation process is half the fun for me. I don’t use clip art or catalogue images much either – for me it’ s more fun if I do it all from scratch using my own images.

But that’s not to say that there’s anything wrong with using all these add ins – I’m a great downloader of demos and try outs, but with very few exceptions (terragen, Noise Ninja) I haven’t kept too many past the expiry date. It’s probably because I’m a process rather than a product person – I’m more interested in how things are done and having full control and understanding of that rather than the actual final finished product. In fact I tend to get bored once i’ve worked out how to do something and often don’t finish off – that’s why photoshop is such good fun – it seems to be an infinitely large learning curve, whcih I’m never likely to reach the end of!
JC
Jane Carter
Jun 25, 2004
Hi Ray, Susan and Wendy, thank you for the info. I do use EC4000 because as a beginner it gave me some results that I never could have figured out on my own. Plus it is fun to play with. (and I got it cheap)
I don’t use it all the time, but just when I am having fun with a picture that I can’t seem to do anything else with.
But now that I see that there is a lot of duplication, and above all, I can now do a lot more with PSE that I couldn’t do before, I dont think that it is worth my money.

But I DO like to ask about things like this here before I jump out and spend unnecessary money for things that I don’t need. How else would I find out if I didn’t ask you all, and I sure don’t want to offend anybody, I am just asking for advice.
Where would I be without you all here? Surely not as far into fun with PSE as I am now! Jane
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 25, 2004
Jane,

I too like this forum for sharing ideas on Add ons etc … its great when someone else comes along with suggestions and advice. Just a pity that we don’t all live near to each other … Wow now that would be fun 🙂

Wendy
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jun 25, 2004
Sure thing, it would be nice to gather together, once in a while, to exchange ideas, or to simply chat 😉

Ray
JC
Jane Carter
Jun 25, 2004
I really wish that we could all meet at MacWorld in Boston! Wouldn’t that be fun! I am actually going to go up to it and stay with our daughter and family. Even though most of us will probably never be close enough to actually get together, we sure have a wonderful little "community" with this great forum.

This forum has the best people! I could not ever be doing as well with PSE without you all, and you are so patient with my questions. And just looking at other tutorials that you have given to people, I have done very well with.
Just a few minutes ago Grant put a neat tutorial here, I will try it later. I don’t miss a single day here!
Jane

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections