C
Posted By
captainsaneo
Jun 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there any way to seporate colors in an image? Lets say i have six colors how do i like only print 1 of the colors and still not deleting the other colors?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DG
David G House
Jun 16, 2004
Not too sure what you mean there captain…. are you wanting the image to have all the same colour.. as in like a Duotoned Image????

David
DG
David G House
Jun 16, 2004
I looked this back up.. if my previous post is what you a meaning then try this…

1. Make a Duplicate layer to save the orginial

2. With the Copy Layer Active, go to image>mode>greyscale

3. Go Enhance>Adjust>Levels to set the white as desired

4.Then go back to image>mode>rgb colour.

5. Then go to enhance>adjust color>Hue , be sure to click the "Colour" Box in the bottom rt. then set the Saturation and Slide the Master back and forth until you get what you are looking for…

Hope this is what you were looking for….

David
SR
Schraven_Robert
Jun 16, 2004
David,

I believe that the captain wants to print separate colours. Let’s say that his image consists of six different colours. He then wants to print 6 different images with each a different colour but only in those places where the colour was in the original. I think in english the technique is called (silk) screen printing. Think of the marilyn Monroe images of Andy Warhole.

Don’t think you can do that with elements.

Robert
PA
Patti Anderson
Jun 16, 2004
I think he asked for help on this in another thread entitled, "Optimize."

captainsaneo, this tutorial might help:

<http://www.graphics-central.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12>

Are you working from a photograph or a logo-type graphic? It might help to give a few moe details, so we know what to suggest.

Patti
DG
David G House
Jun 16, 2004
Robert.. the "silk" type you described I think I did with the Challenge a few weeks ago.. the one of the Butler type looking guy…. I’ll see if I still have that imnage…. now I’ll have to remember how I did that,,

David

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections