SL
Posted By
susan_lowry
Apr 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am new to both of these programs. But I see that allot of people have there photo gallerys on the internet. I have many many photos that I have to get on the internet FAst for Tournament sales. I have created a web photo gallery with elements, but go live will not allow me to load it. There are many files that it loads on my computer once you make the gallery. I need help fast. I was supost to have these on the site yesterday. Please detailed help will be a lifesaver at this point.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 28, 2004
Have you also placed a post on the GoLive site? I’m not sure how many people here use it.
SL
susan_lowry
Apr 28, 2004
I just did it after I read your message. I just thought I saw so many here that had them posted on there web pages someone could help. Im ready to scream. I have tried everything under the sun. Thanks to anyone that can help
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 28, 2004
A lot of the people here make use of sites that don’t require using a program like GoLive. I have GoLive but haven’t started using it yet. I know that with my old (and beloved!) Pagemill I was able to go to the main index page of my site, type in something descriptive about the gallery I’d created and then make a link directly to the index.htm of the gallery folder. GoLive doesn’t make it that easy, huh? I sure am sorry to hear that! 🙂
DS
Dick_Smith
Apr 28, 2004
Susan,

What seems to be the problem with GoLive and the WebGallery? If all your folders are in the GoLive Foldr you shouldn’t have any problem.

Dick.

I have a couple of web galleries on my own website that were created by Elements and put into a site with GoLive.

Dick
SL
susan_lowry
Apr 28, 2004
please help me then. Because Im having a major problem. I create a web gallery with elements. It makes several folders. I go to my new second page in my go live. I have made a list that i will be linking to page two, with my first gallery. I use the button to put adobe photoshop into and it says on all files, file is not correct format for go live. I just cant seem to get anything done on it at all. I have been trying different things for 2 days now and still can only use an ftp program to upload my one gallery
DS
Dick_Smith
Apr 28, 2004
Ok, Susan, I think I know what the problem is. I had to go look at the configuration of my site to find it.

If I am correct, Elements created 3 folders and a number of html files when you created the gallery. Ther folders are Images, Pages and Thumbnails, yes?

Then there are .html files that point to each of the folders. You cannot import them directly into a GoLIve WebPage. What you need to do is create a link to the gallery in your webpage with GoLive. You could take one of the thumbnail images and copy that into your webpage with GoLive, position it as you like and create a hyperlink behind the picture to the gallery. Or if you now how to create framed pages, you could imbed the gallery in a new frame.

Hope this helps some.

Dick
DS
Dick_Smith
Apr 28, 2004
I should have added that you need to upload the three folders and associated .html files to a new folder on your WebPage server so the linkk from your webpage will work.

In any case, Elements created the html files to display the gallery. You can edit them using GoLive if you want to. Probably the one thing you might want to put in somewhere would be a like back to your home page.

Dick
SL
susan_lowry
Apr 28, 2004
well I created a link to one of the pages on the main page. When I hit view in the program it works perfect. When I upload, which is only the one folder, it goes to a dead link. Im trying now to upload all the files as you stated then do it again and see what happens. I was so excited when I saw it work in the program. Please anything else that you think would be of help will be greatley appreciated.. Dont leave me yet. Your the only one that has helped.. Be right back with a update
DS
Dick_Smith
Apr 28, 2004
Susan,

I just redid my paget to show you.

Go to ncsmiths.com, clikc on the main page and then look for the small thumbnail image called "Barb’s Wedding". Click on that thumbnail and you’ll go to the gallery.

Dick
SL
susan_lowry
Apr 29, 2004
Is there any way you can give me step by step insturctions? I tried what you said to do. Uploaded every folder also. In program before I upload when i push preview, it will show the link and work great. once uploaded, it is a dead link. Im not sure what to do. I had someone call tonight needing to see there game picutes. All I could do is upload 1/2 of a gallery. No start page or anything, this way it works fine. But I want to be able to desin a real page with links like yours. I have searched all data bases that I can for answers. And of course no numbers to Adobe to call anyone. I am just useing the download trial of golive. Do you think this has something to do with it?
DS
Dick_Smith
Apr 29, 2004
susan,

I don’t think the trial version has anything to do with it at all.

If you’ll send me an email I’ll try to take this off the Forum. You can find my email by licking on my name at the top of the message. Remove the nospam references.

Do you have a page already up somewhere? If so please send me the URL in your email. I’d like to take a look at it.

Dick
JC
Jane Carter
Apr 29, 2004
Hi Susan, Your site looks great! You are way ahead of me using GoLive 6. I got it last fall, and only have made a small site, and you have already got your PSE web gallery up and looking good. Don’t despair, it does take a while to learn GoLive! You have done very well with it!
I found upcoming lessons in GoLive 6 starting in July. I will be taking the class. Let me know if you are interested and I will give you the links. It is indeed a fantastic program, just has that steep Adobe learning curve. And there are wonderful people here to help us and on the GoLive forum,,,,,, Jane

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections