CM
Posted By
cadman_meg
Dec 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I brought in an eps onto a layer and for some reason can not unlock that layer. Any reason why I can’t? Maybe because I placed it or something? Been turning the toggle on adn off, but the lock symbol never goes away. That is just one problem. I am not the most experienced user but am learning. What I want ot do is in this eps file which came from Autocad, there are about 4000 trees. Rather than using the wand command and selecting them all, which sould time a lot of time, I would like to do just color the background and then invert the colors. This way I color them all in one shot. Not sure how and have been trying. Could some folks please give me some step by steps on how to achieve this. Thank you so much.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
Don_McCahill
Dec 15, 2003
Double click on the layer in the layer palette and give it a different name.
CM
cadman_meg
Dec 15, 2003
Does that just unlock it? How about coloring it the way I want to? Thanks. wrote in message
Double click on the layer in the layer palette and give it a different
name.
BG
barry_gray
Dec 15, 2003
If you can easily select the background then just invert the selection and color away.
CM
cadman_meg
Dec 15, 2003
I can not seem to find the ivert command. I can isolate the background though. So once I color the background the color I want the trees, from there I just invert with the other layer that the trees are on? Thanks very much.
BG
barry_gray
Dec 15, 2003
You’ve used the wand to select the BG > in the tool bar drop down menu "select" > choose invert. Your trees are now the selection and you can paint them any way you want.
CM
cadman_meg
Dec 15, 2003
I can not seem to find the ivert command. I can isolate the background though. So once I color the background the color I want the trees, from there I just invert with the other layer that the trees are on? Thanks very much.
CM
cadman_meg
Dec 15, 2003
I can not seem to find the invert command. I can isolate the background though. So once I color the background the color I want the trees, from there I just invert with the other layer that the trees are on? Thanks very much.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections