TM
Posted By
Thomas_M_Price
Feb 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using Photoshop Windows ver 7.0.1. I have RGB tiff images with one layer and the channels of RGB, Red, Green, Blue. I need to make a new image with only the green image from the RGB composite and another with only the red. What ever I try either gives me the entire RGB or gives me the channel without color. I appreciate any help. <br>
T Price <br>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
JasonSmith
Feb 1, 2007
the channels themselves are greyscale channels, it’s the interaction between the channels that determine R,G, or B. <br><br>Try this, on whatever layer – pull up the layer styles. where there’s the RGB checkmarks, uncheck all but the color that you want.
L
LenHewitt
Feb 2, 2007
Thomas,

Open your image, go to the channels palette and select Split Channels. That will create 3 separate greyscale files, one for each channel.
AP
Andrew_Pietrzyk
Feb 2, 2007
I need to make a new image with only the green image from the RGB composite and another with only the red

Edit >Preferences >Display & Cursors >Display >Color Channels in Color…

… Select Green Channel and hit Print Screen on your keyboard… followed by Ctrl+N > Ctrl+V > Crop Tool. Repeat these steps with Red Channel selected.
J
JasonSmith
Feb 2, 2007
Either way – in order for your newly created files to be Red, Green OR Blue, you still need the other 2 (empty) channels – otherwise you’d just have a greyscale image.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections