JR
Posted By
J_Ross
Aug 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having a problem creating JPGs from photoshop CS using the Save for Web command. I am exporting a composite with a dark gray background, saving as medium quality JPG. I am also reducing the image size to about 15% of the original. When I import my JPG into an GoLive document with the same gray background as the image, the image now has what appears to be a one pixel stroke of a lighter shade of gray??? I have been using the exact same technique in PS 6.0.1 and had no problem at all. Why is PS CS adding this border to my images?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
jonf
Aug 10, 2004
Do you have a value in the "matte" field under your save for web dialog? It sounds like it’s applying a light gray matte around the edges of your image. The matte for jpegs should either be left blank, or better yet should match the background color of the page it will be placed into in your html file.

Just a guess.
JR
J_Ross
Aug 10, 2004
Matching the matte color with my background color worked.

Thanks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections