I
Posted By
ian1000rx
Oct 31, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Upgraded to CS4 from CS2 and have a few problems – might be bugs, but equally might be me not changing some settings. Any ideas on the following, anyone?:

I work for a screenprinter and use Photoshop to make my own spot colour separations. When outputting to my imagestter I switch on Centre Crop Marks, Descriptions and Labels in the checkboxes under Printing Marks in the Output section of the Print dialog.

"Labels" used to just put the filename at the top of the page, to the left of the top crop mark. Now it puts not only the filename, but the zoom level, channel etc in fact everything from the document’s title bar. e.g:

Untitled 1.psd @33.3% (Spot Colour 1 C/8)*

This can be so long that it runs right across the top crop mark…Am I doing something wrong? I can’t find any prefs that control the content of "labels".

Also, it used to be the case in CS2 that immediately after creating a channel the RGB channels were de-selected and hidden and the new channel was automatically visible, seleceed and ready to edit.Now I find that in CS4 whilst a newly created channel channel is selected, it’s not visible and the RGB channels arent’t hidden. This means I have to un-check the eye icon from the RGB channels and check it on my new channel before I can do anything with it, which seems a bit of a hassle.

All suggestions gratefully received!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

I
ian1000rx
Nov 4, 2008
No responses at all? Hasn’t anyone else experienced any of this? No screenprinters out there or people making separations?

Even if I’m just missing something blindingly obvious someone please point it out!
P
PECourtejoie
Nov 5, 2008
If nobody posts, you might try to post those as Bugs, using the bug report form, you can find here: <http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform>
I
ian1000rx
Nov 5, 2008
Thanks,

I have used the bug report form already, and as you said got no response…

As I’ve skipped an upgrade, and gone from CS2 straight to CS4 I wasn’t sure if the new behavior was something that had already been encountered when CS3 was introduced and I was therefore asking a stupid/outdated question.

All the documentation I can find (including CS4 help) states that "Labels" should just put the filename on as it does in CS2, and as I’m sure I can’t be the only one using Photshop for producing separations I thought it might’ve been something encountered by others.

No worries – I’ve posted on other more print-specific forums too and if I find a solution I’ll post the results here.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections