M
Posted By
MrChristopherSEA
Oct 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
So Adobe botched the manipulation of the 3D camera in CS4. I’m an experienced 3D artist and I find navigating 3D in CS4 painful and clunky. The view rotation is completely backwards. If you pull right, the object should rotate in the direction of the pull. Photoshop does exactly the opposite for some inexplicable reason.

And on top of the that, you should be able to rotate the view without dropping the current tool. Photoshop forces you to drop a tool to switch to a view rotation tool. Then re-invoke the previous tool. It’s a cludgy.

Finally, I find that the camera orientation (Orbit tool) way too easily causes the object to tumble in difficult to control ways. So you have to switch to the Roll Camera tool to upright your camera. Again, it’s WAY clunky. I have a hard time believing Adobe had experienced 3D artist beta test this software before it was released.

I really hope they do an update that addresses this. It’s driving me crazy.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Oct 19, 2008
Well telling Adobe would be your best bet, instead of tell other users.
JP
jean_p
Oct 19, 2008
good that other users know what they’re getting into with this expensive new software upgrade.

3D possibilities have advanced with this release, but they aren’t implemented in an intuitive way. You won’t see that in the adobe marketing materials.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections