TJ
Posted By
Teresa_Jones
Aug 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I view the video cd on the TV, edges of the photo are cut off (heads, feet, sections of the picture). Picture also appears to jump. I am at a beginner level. So disappointed in putting photos and music together and it turned out crappy. Your advise (keep it simple please) is appreciated. Thanks πŸ™‚

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

O
o3v3tz
Aug 29, 2004
Is this really a PS Album question instead of a PS Elements question?

When I look at the Elements help, I only saw reference to a PDF slideshow and within the Album forum there is an FAQ that discusses your question of heads etc being cutoff in Video CD slideshows. Basically, there are two choices – use a different template that displays the full photo – or – crop the photo to a 4:3 ratio exactly as you wish before creating the Video CD.

The reference to the FAQ is Jim JΓΌtte "Why are my images cut off in Slideshows" 2/28/04 7:40pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>

Suggest that you post any additional PS Album questions to its forum at <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.1de78154>

Ignore the above if I have misinterpreted your question and it was really a PS Elements question.

BarbO
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Aug 29, 2004
BarbO, I think you’re right. Probably asked here because Album and Elements are being sold in a bundle in many places.

And, of course, this is a much friendlier forum!

πŸ™‚
O
o3v3tz
Aug 30, 2004
Chuck

Well, I agree with your first observation but

And, of course, this is a much friendlier forum!

PSE is absolutely a friendly forum and I am amazed at the patience of the detailed answers provided on this forum.

However, I do not consider the PS Album forum to be unfriendly. Since I often keep an eye on the PS Album forum, I will check to see if she asks additional questions there. In the meantime, I will keep reading the PSE forum as I try to learn PSE.

BarbO
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Aug 30, 2004
BarbO: I’m glad to hear that the PS Album forum has become a friendly place. It was a battle zone for a long time after PSA 1.0 came out and I stopped visiting the forum. I guess the stability and improved features of PSA 2.0 contributed to an ‘attitude adjustment’ there…

πŸ™‚

Chuck
JH
Jim_Hess
Aug 30, 2004
Teresa,

When shooting photographs that you intend to show on the television screen, you need to remember to allow about a 20 percent "bleed" area around the perimeter. That is a common problem. As far as I know there is no way to get around it. Shooting for television viewing as opposed to shooting for photographic prints requires developing the skill to do this quickly and efficiently.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups πŸ”₯

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections