DC
Posted By
DAN_CHALOU
May 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
PRIOR TO INSTALLING PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 2.0 I WAS ABLE TO INSERT A PHOTO CD INTO MY COMPUTER ,OPEN MY COMPUTER, OPEN "D" DRIVE THEN OPEN THE PHOTO CD AND THEN VIEW IT AS A SIDESHOW. WITH PHOTOSHOP INSTALLED I NO LONGER HAVE THE OPTION OF VIEWING A SLIDE SHOW, CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DS
Dick_Smith
May 5, 2004
Dan,

Two things.

One, did your PC become the default viewer for images when you installed Elements. If when you click on an image from the cd, elemetns opens then PSE has become the "default" program for viewing images. You should open My Computer and go to Tools, Folder Options and reset your image file associations back to whatever program opened the pix before. If you are using WindowsXP it’s a good be it was Windows Picture and Fax Viewer which does do slide shows.

Second, most of the regulars on this forum do not post in UpperCase, since it denotes YELLING. That’s an informational note to you.

So give the File Associations a try. Go to My Computer or My Documents, click on Tools>Folder Options and then choose the File Types tab and see what program has taken control of your picture files.

Dick
DC
DAN_CHALOU
May 5, 2004
DICK….Thanks for the info. (sorry about the yelling)
I tried what you said, but I’m unable to find out what program controls the picture files without PSE installed, I could not find under files "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer". There many, many files shown. How can I tell which one is controlling picture files?
Yes I do have "WINDOWS XP"
THANKS DAN
JH
Jim_Hess
May 5, 2004
Dan,

Open Windows Explorer, then go to Tools/Options and click on the "File Types" tab. Scroll through the list of file types that will be listed until you find the right one. You will see on the File Types page a button that you can use to change the file association. All you have to do is associate the file with the appropriate program. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Jim
DC
DAN_CHALOU
May 6, 2004
JIM………Thanks for the info but(I hope you don’t think that I’m too ignorant)How do I know what the appropriate file is, with or without PSE installed?
RM
richard_monahan
May 8, 2004
I have Photoshop Elements usin a Mac. Is there anyway to add music to the Slideshow feature in Photoshop Elements 2?
JH
Joe_Henry1000
May 8, 2004
Richard,

As far as I know, there isn’t. The thing is, that after you create the Slideshow you end up with a pdf file which I don’t think are capable of containing music.

If you’re running OS X, use iPhoto, iMovie or iDVD.

Joe
RM
richard_monahan
May 8, 2004
Joe,
Thanks. I was afraid of that. I will abandon Elements 2 and go to iPhoto, then QuickTime Movie.
D
davee
May 9, 2004
This probably happens because PSE starts as the default when you use a PhotoCD. In this case all you need do is to change the Open option for your PhotoCD movies.
There are two possible solutions:
1. Reinstall Quicktime Movie which may restore it as the default for your PhotoCDs
2. Open any folder then click Tools, Folder Options. Select the File Types tab and when the list appears find the Photo CD entry. Select the line then click Change and set Quicktime as the Open default.
For more details on how to do this got to Help on the Start menu and type Opening files
in the search box. On the results screen choose ‘Changing the program that opens a file’ from the list on the left
D
davee
May 9, 2004
Sorry I repeated some of the earlier info in the above – I forgot to look at "Show all messages"
DM
Denise_Masonwells
May 16, 2004
Denise Masonwells Australia
Having problems with burning CD for a wedding presentation.

Have used one of the Causal Border selections and have 325 files of about 850KB – seems to drop out when initializing the PDF Files
Any suggestions

Have used this slideshow format on smaller presentations and had no problems

CD burn size 80mg
RM
richard_monahan
May 16, 2004
What Application are you using to create the Slideshow?
RM
richard_monahan
May 16, 2004
What Application are you using and what platform?
DM
Denise_Masonwells
May 20, 2004
Thank you for your response Richard

I have used Adobe Photo Album Ver 1.0.50. Used the Casual Frames effect.

Found I had to cut the slideshow in 1/2. Then worked OK

Also this program has a DVD version which I did today with a DVD Burner. Would not apply to a DVD Disc only CDR Disc.

The resolution is awful, although the program worked, is there a program that caters for this sort of media work.

I have spent hrs upon hrs trying to prefect this system any suggestions would be appreciated. Denise MW
Australia
RM
richard_monahan
May 21, 2004
I use Photoshop Elements 2 which can "quick Fix" your photos. Then, you can take the photos and set up a slideshow with no problems. Since the slideshow sets up PDF files of the photos, you cannot add music. The Slideshow is played back on Adobe Reader.
Photoshop Elements 2 is a great program and now is sold coupled with the latest Photoshop Album. Last I saw the price was $69.00.
I use a Mac so I burn DVD’s with Disk Copy. It make an exact copy of both my "Fixed Photos" and the Slideshow.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections