Anyone using Album Express for a slide show?

ED
Posted By
Eva_Deck
Jan 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is anyone using Album Express? <http://www.fookes.com/album>. I have been using Notetab Light, their free text editor, for a long time. It was recommended to me and is truly the best I’ve ever used. There’s a free trial download of Album Express but I hoped I could get some opinions before I invested a lot of time learning yet another program.

Thanks, Eva

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 23, 2004
Eva

I am a big fan of Note Tab and do own the Pro version so I was willing to give this product a go. I did download and try out AlbumExpress and was not at all impressed with it. If I remember rightly its main purpose is to generate albums for the web but could be used for CD and the like. At the time I was maintain a web site with over 600 photographs and doing it by hand was very tedious to say the least. If I remember rightly it was very slow taking almost 10 minutes to generate a site with 600 images. I suspect AlbumExpress may work all better on smaller sites. If you are looking for this type product it may work better for you than it did for me. If you are looking for a photo organizer I think you will be very disappointed in it. The trial download is for 30 days so you do not have much to loose so give it a try.

Grant
ED
Eva_Deck
Jan 23, 2004
Thanks Grant. That’s the kind of information I was looking for. Eva
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 24, 2004
Eva

Always here to help.

g.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections