Photoshop Elements excellent slide show quality, Premiere Elements bad slideshow quality

Posted By
7hikers
Dec 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I get low slide show image quality and shimmering effects on the edges of all the higher contrast spots within most of the stills during hard drive playback of .avi files produced by Premiere Elements. The slide show creator in PE 3.0 is more primitive but the resulting .wmv files have excellent image quality.

Absolutely would covet your help that I may achieve full screen slideshow quality that matches the beautiful source stills. I’m experienced with photography and Photoshop Elements, a power user of a respectable XP machine (knowing that a Mac would be better), and eventually want to incorporate digital camcorder motion video. I’ve been ransacking the Adobe Premiere online help documentation, the Adobe Premiere Elements forum, and Usenet.

I imported a few dozen 90dpi 1280×960 pngs (from 35mm scanned transparencies and a 3mpixel camera, all edited within PE) into Premier Elements, created average 2 second timings with fade transitions, added music, both enabled and disabled "optimize stills", both enabled and disabled "flicker removal", both enabled and disabled frame blend speed changes, outputed to avi for hard disk playback in WMP10 (also works with the newest Cyberlink PowerDVD program). Even tried some psd, tiff, and jpg images.

WMV slideshow output from Photoshop Elements 3.0 DOES provide high quality images, but you can’t customize the image/music timing as much as Premiere Elements and exploit other creative features (though it looks like you can time the images to within a tenth of a second).

Are there any quality advantages with Ulead Studio 8, Pinnacle Studio 9, or Pro Show Gold? There certainly aren’t superior results with MovieMaker or PhotoStory3. I achieve extremely high image quality and nice transitions with Powerpoint, but it doesn’t create an single file with embedded music nor can you precisely synchronize the music with the image transitions.

Adobe told me that Premier wouldn’t produce higher quality than Premier Elements. I wasn’t willing to shell out $40 minimum to receive suggestions from their technical support, even though there would be no cost to discuss global issues with Premier Elements.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections