M
Posted By
mykm
Oct 10, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a similar issue in my mac lab. We are using CS3 with Intel Core Duo iMacs. I can print to all printers from all applications with one exception. When I send a job to the color laserjet 5550 through Photoshop, I get the “Could not print <filename> because the disk is not available” error. However, if I preview the image first, I can then print the job. All other CS3 apps print to the 5550 without error.
The printers are managed with Workgroup manager.
All clients and the xserve are running 10.4.11.
I have another lab of G5’s and they CAN print to this device through photoshop. I have repaired permissions and reinstalled the app without success. All of the clients are built from a source image. This original build or source for my image does print to the 5550. I only get the error after imaging.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
mac451
Oct 23, 2008
I have the same issue in my Mac Lab with duo Core iMacs. If I save the PhotoShop document first, then I can print to any printer.We are using 10.5.4.
B
Buko
Oct 23, 2008
320GB drive

your drive is too small
M
mac451
Oct 28, 2008
Addition to my previous post. "Only if I save the document to the desktop first". If you save to any other disk drive, it still shows the "disk not available error". We are using Guest accounts on our iMacs. If we use the Admin accounts, to access PhotoShop, this printer error does not occur. Does anyone have any other fix for this, using Guest Accounts?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections