Posted By
dux0r
Apr 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all,

I have a problem and was wondering if anybody could help me. I work in a school and have Adobe Photoshop Elements and want to install it into a classroom using a deployable MSI package. This is all fine but the computers in the classroom don’t allow students to write to the C drive. This is a problem because the scratch disk is set to C drive and I need to set it to another drive that is writeable to get rid of the "out of memory" errors. The students have a H drive that *is* writeable so I thought I could map this drive and then select it within elements in preferences and solve the problem but it doesn’t seem to be working. The students can’t select this H drive as the scratch disk because it doesnt appear in the preference, it just has C drive and Startup.
If anyone has any ideas or solutions to this problem please let me know

Thanks !

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 19, 2004
Have you done a search on the Forum for using Elements over a network ? I don’t think it’s possible to run it this way, but be safe and run a search. This topic comes up every now and then.

Ray

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections