SL
Posted By
Steve_Last
Apr 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is it possible to customise the shortcut bar at all? I don’t really want the search criteria box, search button and help contents items (which are really used very little if one has got the knack of using the programme) sitting there all the time when it would be a lot more useful to have more space for the palette well. Can this be done?
Steve

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 16, 2004
No, it can’t be customized. Sorry.
SL
Steve_Last
Apr 17, 2004
I thought that might be the case…… sigh..
thanks
Steve
RC
Robert_Camacho
Apr 19, 2004
Well I tried something and it worked for me so maybe you can give this a twirl. Open PSE and pull the items you do not want showing up in the well onto the work area. Click on more and then click on "Close palette to well pallete." Next click on the "X" in upper-right hand corner to close that box. Now click on Windows and choose something else you would like showing up in the well. Click on "More" and then click on "Close palette to well pallete." Close that box and it should appear in the well. Next time you open PSE the changes should be there. Try that and let us know if it worked.

Robert
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 19, 2004
Robert, did you actually get the size of the palette well to expand? I might have misunderstood the poster when he asked, but I was thinking he wanted to get rid of some things from the shortcut menu so he could increase the size of the palette well, and I don’t know of a way to do that. It seems that on my copies of PSE the well is a fixed size and the only modifications I can make are in regard to what palettes are showing.
RC
Robert_Camacho
Apr 19, 2004
Maybe I misinterpreted the question (which is most likely). You are right in that you can select what you would like to appear in there. As far as the dimensions there is no way I know of to do that other that increase the screen resolution and then you can see more tabs easily. Hope that clarified what I was trying to get across.

Robert

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections