PT
Posted By
Paul_Tholfsen
Mar 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
As a first time user, I requested docking the Palette Well to the shortcut bar. I soon realized I didn’t really want to do that. But I can’t find the commands or other means to un-dock it. Please help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SS
Susan_S.
Mar 1, 2004
As far as I know the palette well is always docked to the short-cut bar – you can drag individual palettes out into the work area and dock them together – but the palette well appears to be firmly fixed to the short cut bar!
PT
Paul_Tholfsen
Mar 1, 2004
I don’t think so. When I first made the request the Palette Well occupied about a quarter of the screen, with large easily readable tabs across the top. My guidebook "Hoeschen & Dahl, PS Elements for Windows and Macs", also illustrates the undocked Well.
SS
Susan_S.
Mar 1, 2004
The size of the palette well and the appearance of the tabs depends on your screen resolution and the number of palettes visible …I double checked on the help menu and it says that the palette well is only usable when the short-cut bar is visible- which seems to confirm my hypothesis. You can have a selection of palettes, resized to whatever size you want, docked together anywhere in the workspace, by dragging them out and docking them tgether -but it ain’t the palette well…

Susan S.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Mar 1, 2004
Paul, you can create a undocked "Palette Well" of sorts, by dragging individual tabs out with your mouse and docking them together on a ‘floating’ palette. Is that what you’re trying to do? p.s. The empty or nearly empty palette well remains on the shortcut bar…
PA
Patti_Anderson
Mar 1, 2004
In the Windows menu, uncheck Shortcuts and the Palette Well will go away. If you want the palette well to show again, you have to recheck Shortcuts in order for it to show.

Patti

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections