Why can I only saved my Images in PSD,PDF and TIFF format??

ZP
Posted By
zoran_pekija
Dec 11, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just bought photoshop CS2 and I’m a beginner so I don’t know is this my mistake or something,but whenever I open Image in a photoshop and do some work and want to save my Image I have options to save it in PSD,PDF or TIFF format but no options for JPEG.I need JPEG format,I don’t know what to do with this other formats because when I click on PSD Image or TIFF it opens it in Photoshop??!!Please help me guys!thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 11, 2006
Probably because you’re in a color mode or bit depth that only those formats support.
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 11, 2006
If you get limited options it means that the file you are trying to save has some feature not supported by JPEG.

It could be layers (text for example) in which case the file needs flattening; it could be in 16 bit mode from a digital camera or scanner, in which case it needs converting to 8 bit.

You need to tell us more.

Edit: Just noticed Chris already said some of that!
ZP
zoran_pekija
Dec 11, 2006
So far I noticed that this is only happening when I work with layers so how do I do flattening or this converting to 8 bit?thanks.P.S I’m beginner.
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 11, 2006
To flatten use Ctrl+Shift+E.

If you want to keep the layers for future editing save the layered version as a PSD then after flattening save that as a JPG.

If it’s for the web, use "Save for Web".
SI
Sara_Ijadi
Dec 12, 2006
I am another beginner having the same problem. Even after flattening my image Photoshop does not give me the option of saving it as a JPG because it is still a 16-bit file. What should I do next? Thanks for any help you can give me!
SI
Sara_Ijadi
Dec 12, 2006
Well, I guess I was too impatient, because when I checked back a couple of minutes later, the image mode said 8-bits/channel and I was able to save the flattened file as a JPG! 🙂
ZP
zoran_pekija
Dec 12, 2006
OK would someone please explain to me how to do flattaning,thanks!
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Dec 12, 2006
Ctrl-Shift-E, (Layers – Flatten) John Joslin wrote in #4. Read the thread.
As in RTFM

Rob
ZP
zoran_pekija
Dec 12, 2006
Thanks guys I get it finaly!!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections