A
Posted By
azaliatan
Aug 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have not been able to use a different file format to save an image with slicing to upload as a hyperlinked letterhead to use in all of my e-mails.
Whenever I use a differnt file format to .psd, the slicing is lost. My mail client does not acept file formats different to .jpeg, .gif, and .png

thnkx.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
chrisjbirchall
Aug 11, 2007
You need to use "Save for Web" and select "HTML and Images" from the drop down menu. Upload the lot to your web space, then use a link in the emails.
A
azaliatan
Aug 11, 2007
Hi Chris

Thank you very much.

I am not sure I was clear. What I intend to do is save an image .GIF that acts itself as a hyperlink letterhead in my web mail.

I have used "save for web". Using the sector tool I added the URl, chose HTML, previewed using the preview option at the bottom of the "save for web". It rendered ok. Ithen proceeded to save it to my hard drive. Yet when I open the image with my borwser the image is not acting as a hyperlink . It is a simple image.
If I seve it as .psd instead of .gif the browser opens it ok. ..psd would not be a problem for me if my web mail allowed me to upload a .psd file. But it does not
B
Bernie
Aug 11, 2007
I am not sure I was clear. What I intend to do is save an image .GIF that acts itself as a hyperlink letterhead in my web mail.

The links must be in the HTML and cannot be part of the image file
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 11, 2007
and many (most?) people who are wise turn off html and images in their mail. not doing so is asking for trouble. anything from cookies, spam and surfing habit tracking by gathering the addresses that open the image, to malicious email attacks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections