Posted By
Timothy.Rybak
Feb 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all.

I am, obviously, new to this world. I have done a little photography/photoshop work for a local artist. I have about 50 images that I have taken, cleaned up, removed the backgrounds and I am now ready to present the customer with a CD and contact sheets. When I took the images, I shot them in RAW format, and after PS’ing them, they are now saved as .psd files with maximum compatibility. The original images are around 5MB each, and the photoshop images are 20-30MB each.

Is there an accepted format that I should present to the customer? Should I resave them all as .tif files, or .jpg? The final destination of these images will be both for the web, and for print.

Any help or advice is welcome.

Thank you,
Tim

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

N
noone
Mar 1, 2006
In article , Timothy.
says…
Hi all.

I am, obviously, new to this world. I have done a little photography/photoshop work for a local artist. I have about 50 images that I have taken, cleaned up, removed the backgrounds and I am now ready to present the customer with a CD and contact sheets. When I took the images, I shot them in RAW format, and after PS’ing them, they are now saved as .psd files with maximum compatibility. The original images are around 5MB each, and the photoshop images are 20-30MB each.
Is there an accepted format that I should present to the customer? Should I resave them all as .tif files, or .jpg? The final destination of these images will be both for the web, and for print.

Thank you,
Tim

Tim,

This is dependant on your client’s needs and capabilities. I usually will do a set of TIF (LZW in most cases) in either PC, or MAC binary order (or maybe both if the client needs them), then resize for the Web, and Save_For_Web into a folder labeled JPGs Small. Most jobs are delivered with each image as a TIF, JPG (full-size, high-rez/low-compression), JPG (sized for Web and compressed for same), a set of contact sheets in, and from, the hi-rez JPGs). One caveat is that you should make sure that you deliver any TIFs, etc. in 8-bit Mode, if you have edited in 16-bit. Also, with the TIFs, you might want to talk to the printer, or production person, to get the specs on CMYK conversion, and do that, as well. I’ll usually give them one set of RGB TIFs, and one CMYK, if I can get the printing specs. Also, if the printer changes, the client still has the RGBs to convert from.

Hope this helps,
Hunt
TR
Timothy.Rybak
Mar 1, 2006
Awesome! Thank you for the help!
K
KatWoman
Mar 4, 2006
wrote in message
Hi all.

Thank you,
Tim

I give my clients 3 folders on the CD:
one with orig PSD as backup and in case any changes need to be made in layers like type or adjustments,if the printer needs to make changes in cropping etc.
one with flattened, cropped to print size TIFF’s (also RGB), not compressed, PC format unless Mac and/or CMYK is requested
one folder with small JPG’s I call this folder Preview-Internet so they have small files that can open on any computer and can share via email (I use save for web, jpg high and make the size about 500 px height)

investigate using automate> batch to facilitate this………….

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections