RB
Posted By
richard_bayer
Apr 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Had to uninstall photoshop elements 2,trying to install it again with the disk but cannot need help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 10, 2004
Give us some more information, please: First, did you disable any antivirus software before trying to install? Second, what platform and operating system are you trying to install in on? Third, what kind of error message are you getting and at what point in the installation process are you getting it?
RB
richard_bayer
Apr 10, 2004
I have I hate popups installed and also macafee no I did not disable either. I’m xp home, no error message it just stoped after the blue box loaded.
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 10, 2004
First of all disable the antivirus software. I don’t know about the popup block specifically, but I think I’d shut that down, too, since you’re having problems.

Can somebody else step in? I put Elements on the XP machine so long ago that I can’t place what blue box this gentleman is talking about, so I don’t even know where he’s at.
RB
richard_bayer
Apr 10, 2004
I’m at the box which reads adobe 2.0 is preparing to install the wizard which will guide the rest of the set up, and then it will not go any further.
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
Apr 10, 2004
Richard,

There was another thread which I can’t find that described a similar problem. I believe the solution was to manually delete everything about Elements that is left on your PC after an uninstall.

I have Elements 1 but I think the paths will be similar:

In My Computer or Windows Explorer navigate to:

C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop

(where user name is the name of the user who installed Elements)

Your version will probably have Photoshop 2 or some such instead of Photoshop. Delete that folder. Then navigate to:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements

Again the name will be different. Delete that folder.

As Beth said be sure you have shut down your anti-virus and pop-up blocker and reinstall.

If the above doesn’t work find and delete the above again if they are there and then follow the instructions here for a clean install:

<http://www.delorme.com/support/installxp.asp>

Be sure that you follow the instructions at the end to get everything back to normal.

If none of this works come back and we’ll try again.

Bob
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 11, 2004
Thank you, Bob!
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
Apr 11, 2004
Beth,

Hope it worked.

Bob
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
Apr 11, 2004
Richard,

Finally found the other thread. There’s a lot more info here:

Byron Gale "Photoshop Elements won’t re-install?" 4/1/04 10:42am </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>

Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections