JR
Posted By
Joyce_Robinson
Jun 20, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My boss had Photoshop CS installed on his machine. It crashed. Not usable anymore. So he gives me the disks and says "install it on the desktop" instead (Win XP machine). The disk reads OK, takes serial nbr OK, but then comes up with a "30 window expired" message and freezes up.

Customer support said to ask the forum for an answer (Case #172694125). I can’t un-register from his old machine–it’s dead. I didn’t do the original install/registration (and of course, he’s unreachable).

Your advice/responses will be appreciated.

Joyce Robinson
Snow Leopard Conservancy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jun 21, 2007
Joyce,

Customer support gave you the wrong answer…while you can come here for help, fellow users cannot reset the activation for you. That is Customer Support’s job. Well, assuming of course that you are referring to Adobe Customer Support, which could appear to be restating the obvious, but some folks might go to their PC vendor for help.

That 30-day window just means you must immediately activate PS CS, and there should be a button to choose that option. Now, if the C is freezing up at that point and not responding at all, I’m not sure what to tell you other than try uninstalling and reinstalling PS CS. But, if you can select the activation option and PS CS has not already been installed on 2 PCs (assuming this is a conventional retail license), then you should be able to proceed on through an activation via the internet. If that fails and says you’ve exceeded the limits of the license, then you’ll have to contact Adobe Customer Support for help via the phone number provided in the dialog. That will provide an automated activation by phone process that you’ll want to skip over and go directly to obtaining personal assistance.

At that point, just keep things simple and tell them you had a PS CS installation on a failed PC that has been replaced, but you’re unable to activate PS CS on that PC due to having exceeded your allowed activation limit. So, you need a reset of the activation count. They should be able to take care of that for you with little delay and perhaps no more than a few questions.

Regards,

Daryl

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections