DS
Posted By
Dan_Seanor
Jul 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been combining 2 images into one by tracing and selecting parts of one image and then dragging that image onto another image which becomes the background. I just open both at the same time and Select, Drag and drop to combine them. I then take the now combined image and click on Merge All Visible Layers. This works great accept for the effect on file size. The pictures that I am using are about 2MB each, but the combined image is about 40MB (Even though the PPI and the image size stays the same). Why is this happening. Am I doing this right, or is there a better way which will reduce the file size. I am using Adobe Photoshop CS3 on OSX tiger.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JM
J_Maloney
Jul 22, 2008
Maybe the 2 images are JPGs and the combined image is a PSD?
R
Ram
Jul 22, 2008
tracing and selecting parts of one image and then dragging that image onto another image

At that point, you have a multi-layered file, unless you merge the layers or flatten the image.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections