J
Posted By
jcwolfram
Apr 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I bought Epson’s 3200 scanner about a year ago, bundled with it was photoshop elements. I have photoshop 7 the full version and ignored Elements, now however I would like to install Elements on a newly purchased laptop. And I can’t get past the dialog box wanting the serial number info. Who do I contact at Adobe to solve this problem? Or is there an easy work around? thanks jeff

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BG
Byron Gale
Apr 5, 2004
Jeff,

The serial # is usually printed on a sticker affixed to the jewel case or sleeve which contained the CD.

If you can’t find it, you’ll have to contact Epson, who manages the serial #s for the copies they bundle with their hardware.

Byron
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 5, 2004
And let’s hope you can find it yourself, because I contacted Epson about the serial number for another piece of software that came with my 3200. What a fiasco. I would have gotten as much help from a dill pickle. The serial number for Elements was on a sticker on the white paper sleeve.
D
davee
Apr 5, 2004
I wonder if all EPSON bundled versions of PSE have the same serial number? Many/most serial numbers are checked during installation by ensuring they obey certain rules. This means that they needn’t appear in the s/ware product itself. It would be impossible to manufacture thousands of CDs with different ’embedded’ serial numbers.
O
OldnSenile
Apr 14, 2004
On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 21:24:13 -0700, wrote:

Hi, I bought Epson’s 3200 scanner about a year ago, bundled with it was photoshop elements. I have photoshop 7 the full version and ignored Elements, now however I would like to install Elements on a newly purchased laptop. And I can’t get past the dialog box wanting the serial number info. Who do I contact at Adobe to solve this problem? Or is there an easy work around? thanks jeff

Jeff.

If you still have Elements loaded on your desktop, I seem to recall (at least for the standard version and Windows) that the serial number can be found in the registry.

OldnSenile
MM
Mac_McDougald
Apr 14, 2004
— Photoshop Elements 2.0:
Hkey_Local_Machine/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion /Uninstall/Ad obe Photoshop Elements 2.0

— Photoshop Elements 1.0: Hkey_Local_Machine/Software/Adobe/Photoshop Elements/1.0/Registration

Mac

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections