Buko
Jul 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
removed by me

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Jul 13, 2008
Jim Oblak is best ignored as AngieB1175, Ken Vogel, deafeningechochamber, Cleveland Steamer, Zaldidun, Jim Jordan and Jim Oblak, as his posts are unproductive provocations that contribute nothing towards helping others.
R
Ram
Jul 13, 2008
Repairing permissions costs nothing, risks nothing as it can do absolutely no harm, it’s fast and it’s effective. If it’s needed before any installation in only 0.01 percent of the cases, it’s worth doing always.

Like wearing a seat belt in a car: not necessary in 99.99% of all cases, but a life saver in some instances.

I recommend it.
JB
James_Bechdel
Jul 13, 2008
Ramon, thanks for the fatherly advice, I did do the tasks ask of me. Thank you for your consideration.
R
Ram
Jul 13, 2008
You’re welcome, James, but you must be in the wrong thread. I have no idea what you are referencing. 😀
L
Lundberg02
Jul 14, 2008
Name one person who uses iPhoto for anything.
NA
Not_Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 14, 2008
Like wearing a seat belt in a car: not necessary in 99.99% of all cases, but a life saver in some instances.

Make a proper analogy.

Repairing permissions immediately before an installation is like buying new floor mats before taking your car to the shop. I’m still looking to see how repairing permissions is required prior to a task that runs as root/admin. It is just total nonsense that any competent individual should recognize instantly.

Ramón G Castañeda is best ignored as a jackass that has no clue who I am on these forums. The fact that he continues to falsely associate me under the ignorance/neglect of the forum host is a poor sign on this forum.

Lundberg, meet Kevin <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?14@@.3c05b637/7>.
B
Buko
Jul 14, 2008
This is like deja vu all over again.
R
Ram
Jul 14, 2008
There has been no false association of any kind. Boring. I’m moving on.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 14, 2008
he fact that he continues to falsely associate me under the ignorance/neglect of the forum host is a poor sign on this forum. .

Then go away.
R
Ram
Jul 14, 2008
Let’s not allow any individual to kill threads at will, one after another one, in an attempt to shut down this forum eventually. What we need here is peace now.

The following narrative of facts emphasizes that there has been no "false association" as maliciously claimed by AngieB1175 in an openly insulting, defamatory post.

The original Jim Oblak user ID was changed by the user to deafeningechochamber. This could be easily verified by the fact that a forum search on the keywords Jim Oblak immediately brought up all posts now associated with defaeningechochamber despite the fact that the words Jim Oblak did not appear in said posts. The forum database, however, associated the user IDs as one and the same account. This was tied to a email address.

The address is tied to Jim Oblak of Icon Publishing in Cincinnati and a LinkedIn entry under Jim Oblak, where the Community College he attended in Ohio is identified and two other educational institutions are listed at places where he is or has been an instructor. (Screen shots available.)

Under the same address.

Shortly thereafter, Jim Oblak surfaced as AngieB1175, a new user ID that replaced yet another user ID in the forum database formerly labeled "Ramón G Castañeda should be banned". Directly and openly, as well as by implication and inference, Jim Oblak has tacitly and implicitly acknowledgedbeing behind the AngieB1175 moniker.

A Cleveland Steamer user ID was further identified as Jim Oblak through the profile page, the email address and a link to a bogus "home page" insulting a respected uder of this forums as "xxxisapompousass", later changed to "xxxhasmanycats".

All this is public information that can be gathered from posts and information provided publicly by Jim Oblak himself</on> on this forum and elsewhere. This is NOT a breach of privacy.

It’s all put together in this post to reject the notion that I have "falsely associated" anybody with anybody else.

Shutting down threads and deleting truthful, non-insulting posts is letting an individual bent on disrupting the forum win by intimidation.
NA
Not_Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 14, 2008
I’m moving on.

Ramon apparently does not understand the concept of moving on.

Let’s not allow any individual to kill threads at will, one after another one, in an attempt to shut down this forum eventually. What we need here is peace now.

Are these the same words from the individual that sent this thread downhill with a totally OT #20 post?

If any of you have relevant info to a topic, post it. ‘Defending’ your point via personal attacks only makes you look like an idiot.
JC
Jonathan_Clymer
Jul 14, 2008
Goodbye. My participation in this forum is at an end, at least for now. I will check into the forum next year to see if conditions have improved.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 14, 2008
Please Note that all messages purportedly posted by "Ann Shelborne" have NOTHING to do with me.

They are just another attempt by the despicable and obnoxious Jim Oblak AKA "AngieB1175" to steal the identities of others by creating yet another of his false aliases.

The unrelenting efforts by this psychologically damaged man to destroy these Forums can only be stopped by Forums operations blocking all of his previously used ISPs — plus any further ones that come to light.

Adobe now also has his postal address I believe and their Legal Department needs to act because Oblak’s actions in these Forums are in deliberate contravention of Adobe’s Terms of Use.
NA
Not_Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 14, 2008
Ann Shelbourne has been violating Adobe’s Terms of Use for some time.

My profile makes it clear that I am not Ann Shelbourne of NY. Of course, Ann Shelbourne doesn’t make it clear that she is Ann Shelbourne of NY in her profile either. Ann Shelbourne appears to prefer her privacy more than the privacy she affords others.

Apparently, Ann Shelbourne does not think that fellow forum users are any brighter than she is. That’s really insulting.
R
Ram
Jul 15, 2008
John Joslin,

You are 100% right (reference to your post in the closed thread in the forums forum). I’ll do my best to follow your advice. Sincere thanks.
JJ
John Joslin
Jul 15, 2008
🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections