Posted By
David_Orman
Feb 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I’m trying to use a copy of CS2, it’s completely up to date as of today, on a Vista Business machine. It seems to work fine, except when I go to "Image Resize" on a PSD I’ve been working on using CS2 on an XP machine. PS completely locks up and stays frozen, I have to force quit it.

Is anybody else experiencing this? Vista has been re-installed just to see if that was the issue, even with a clean install of vista, all updates, and a clean install of CS2, it locks up on image resizing.

If somebody else with Vista could check on this, it would be very much appreciated. If there’s a workaround, that’s even better. I’m not a PS expert, I’m trying to help a graphics design friend who IS a PS expert, but a computer dummy. 😉

Thanks!
David

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BL
Bob Levine
Feb 3, 2007
Just for kicks, try turning hardware acceleration down to zero. If that works, you’ve got a bad video driver…not all that crazy an idea with a brand new O/S.

Bob
DO
David_Orman
Feb 3, 2007
Tried various cards already, I thought that might be the issue. He’s got a NVIDIA Quadro 4500 in there now, but we tried a few other Nvidia and ATI cards too, with no luck. Don’t think that’s the issue. Using WHQL certified drivers, as well as the vendor latest (Vista supported) versions.

I haven’t tried the acceleration option, but I would hope that’s not a problem. Do you have a copy of Vista/CS2 so you could give things a shot? It’s just a PSD with about 10 layers, some text some graphics, and he’s trying to do "Image resize". The dialog box doesn’t even pop up, PS just locks up. The tools/etc seem to work fine, though.
BL
Bob Levine
Feb 3, 2007
I have a test machine here with Vista RC1 on it. No problems like what you’re experiencing.

Bob
DO
David_Orman
Feb 3, 2007
Grr. Mind if I send you a test file? Shoot me off an email to ormandj A[]T corenode.com , please. I’ll mail back a link to download the PSD and the fonts you’ll need. I really appreciate your help! This is driving me nutty…
BL
Bob Levine
Feb 3, 2007
Just email it to me. Click my name, go to my website, contact info is there. I won’t get to this until at least tomorrow.

Bob
DO
David_Orman
Feb 3, 2007
Will do! Thank you kindly good sir, your assistance is very much appreciated. No rush on this, I’m just going to get him going on XP in the meantime.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 3, 2007
I haven’t tried the acceleration option, but I would hope that’s not a problem.

not that big a deal. it usually indicates a driver problem. card companies are usually pretty quick to fix those if you report them.
RO
Robert_Oliver
Feb 5, 2007
I’m trying to use a copy of CS2, it’s completely up to date as of >today, on a Vista Business machine. It seems to work fine, except when >I go to "Image Resize" on a PSD I’ve been working on using CS2 on an XP >machine. PS completely locks up and stays frozen, I have to force quit >it.

I am using Photoshop CS2 on Windows Vista Business and don’t have any issues with resizing images.
DO
David_Orman
Feb 5, 2007
Oddly enough, I tried again today and it works fine. No changes to the system. Who knows, just chalking up one more bug to "weird" when it comes to Vista! Thank you all for your help.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections