TA
Posted By
Tom_Armstrong
Jul 12, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have since seen improvement after I exported to .inx and then picked up the .inx layout in ID CS2. This was a definite improvement and closer match to the PS output. All printer settings have remained constant throughout my testing of these various combinations. I am still looking for the reason for all this so I can get predictable results when printing. Any one have similar problems and solutions for them?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JF
jay_fresno
Jul 13, 2008
I’ve had some success exporting the InDesign CS3 file to PDF before printing, but this is an extra step that I much prefer not to have to do.
TA
Tom_Armstrong
Jul 13, 2008
Jay –
That’s where we started on this. We were working with a pdf of a 76-page ID magazine when we noticed a particular photo that looked somewhat degenerated from what we remembered. The problem showed up in other photos, too, but this one was most pronounced. The workaround we finally did this afternoon was the inx export and then print from ID CS2. We ended up doing this with two spreads. But we still haven’t settled on what happened, only that we have a rather convoluted workaround. We cannot be inx’ing everything and coping with the re-work of the files that were designed in CS3, but then reverted to CS2. I am hoping someone from Adobe has a clue about this so this problem can be remedied for good.
JF
jay_fresno
Jul 13, 2008
I reported this to Adobe as a bug at

<http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform>
TA
Tom_Armstrong
Jul 13, 2008
Thanks, Jay. I too reported the problem as a bug. Hopefully there will be a resolution to this soon.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections