M
Posted By
measekite
Dec 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ok, I took a photo of a child alone and another help by her father. She is a blond wearing a blue denim jacket.

I edited both in Photoshop 7 and printed them out on my Canon IP4000 using Surething Photo Glossy 5×7 paper.

While the color, tone, saturation, skin tone, and clothes did not match I did not care until now.

However, I now want to get a special frame that hold twin 5×7 photos and give them as a Christmas present.

I need an easy way to make one photo identical to the other in terms of all of the color attributes. How do you do something like that. I also have to consider the skin tone of the father.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NS
n8 skow
Dec 22, 2004
Photoshop CS has a feature built in to do this (color balance?)

n8

measekite wrote:
Ok, I took a photo of a child alone and another help by her father. She is a blond wearing a blue denim jacket.

I edited both in Photoshop 7 and printed them out on my Canon IP4000 using Surething Photo Glossy 5×7 paper.

While the color, tone, saturation, skin tone, and clothes did not match I did not care until now.

However, I now want to get a special frame that hold twin 5×7 photos and give them as a Christmas present.

I need an easy way to make one photo identical to the other in terms of all of the color attributes. How do you do something like that. I also have to consider the skin tone of the father.
M
MOP
Dec 22, 2004
"n8 skow" wrote in message
Photoshop CS has a feature built in to do this (color balance?)
n8

measekite wrote:

The first thing I woudl do is get both pictures open on the screen, if you are happy with the colour of one of the pictures then that makes the job much easier! just match the other pic to the one you think it okay. you could try getting the skin tones right using image>adjust>selective colour. setting the ecolour to red in the box at the top it’s the default colour normally (I think) you could try with the other colours til you get a match.
hope that helps
MOP
MR
Mike Russell
Dec 30, 2004
measekite wrote:

Create an image large enough to hold both images in separate layers, and create a curves correction layer for the one you want to change. Then put eyedropper samples on the points – hair, blue jacket, and so forth – that you want to match, and adjust the curves to make the numbers come out where you need them to be.

You may find this easier to accomplish in Lab mode, since it is easy to alter the overall contrast of an Lab image without changing the colors. By the same token, you can alther the a and b channels to change colors around without making the image lighter or darker. Increase saturation by making a and b steeper.

The father’s skin tone may take care of itself. I find using selective color to adjust the amount of magenta and cyan in red to be very effective for skin tones. You may choose to use an adjustment layer and mask if you find that this unduly affects the child’s skin tones.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections