RB
Posted By
rebecca_bowker
Feb 11, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I open an image in ps cs2 i opens as quite a small image, yet when i try to resize it it becomes becomes extremely blurred to the point of being unrecognisable. Hoewever, when I open the image in any otherapplication the images remain sharp and with great contrast untill it fills the screen.

Please can anyone help me open images to a size that i can easily modify – Many thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RB
rebecca_bowker
Feb 11, 2007
1 – press file
2 – open
3 – I then choose an image from iphoto (I am using a mac) 4 – the image opens auomatically
5 – when you go in to imga size it is set to 360 x 240 pixels 6 – however much i increase the image size by it blurs, whether it is to 110% or 200%

hope this helps
B
Bernie
Feb 11, 2007
try command + (plus) or command – (minus) to change the view
RM
Rick McCleary
Feb 11, 2007
when you go in to imga size it is set to 360 x 240 pixels

It sounds like you are opening a thumbnail or preview version of the image that has been created by iPhoto instead of the original image file. 360×240 is very small. Are these images from a digital camera?
AW
Allen_Wicks
Feb 12, 2007
To simplify, find the original image on your hard drive without using iPhoto (just do a Find for the file name). Then drag and drop the image file on top of Photoshop’s icon in the dock. After the image opens go to Image/Image Size and see what size you get.

Personally I have never liked iPhoto and do not use it, preferring strictly Aperture, plus PSCS when needed.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections