JR
Posted By
John123_Reyes
Sep 11, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Newbie Photoshop user here. I apologize in advance if question seem stupid. Anyway….

I’m printing a bunch of photos today using 8.5X11 paper (with border). I tested one print and it’s cropping the top and bottom slightly. I checked my image size in Photoshop and shows the following settings:

Pixel Dimension is 2000 pixel (width) and 3008 pixel (height). Document size is 8.333 inches (width) and 12.533 inches (height). The following are checked: Scale Styles, Constrain Proportion; Resample Image (Bicubic).

My questions:

(1) Do I simply change the Document Size’s height to 11 inches? If so, wouldn’t that change the size of the width too because of the Constrain Proportion being checked?

(2) If I uncheck the Constrain Proportion and change the Document Size to 11 inches, will that make my photos look weird?

(3) Using 8.5 X11 paper, can I print 8X10 to match my matboard? If so, what settings do I need to do or do I just tell the paper to print 8×10 (as if I’m putting in an 8X10 paper but really putting in an 8.5 x 11 sheets?

(4) IF I need to crop to 8.5×11 (or 8X10), how do I do that? Is there a way to do it without losing any part of the image (some images are shot so tight that I can’t afford to lose any part of the top or bottom)?

Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Sep 11, 2006
The following are checked: Scale Styles, Constrain Proportion; Resample Image (Bicubic).

None of that per se has anything to do with printing.

You need to have the correct aspect ratio to print, and the maximum print dimension (in inches) has top be within the limits of the printable area of the paper.

You can’t avoid either cropping the image or leaving white space along one of the sides unless you have the exact aspect ratio.

It’s like tying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections