CS
Posted By
Chuck Snyder
Sep 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Paul, when resizing for web viewing, forget the inches altogether and use the image dimension in pixels; you want an image that’s in the vicinity of 800 pixels by 600 pixels. Monitors speak in pixels; they don’t know about inches; printers know inches and they work best when the resolution is 200 ppi or more.

If you’re wanting to size for the web using Image>Resize>Image Size, you’re going to need to put the check in the Resample box, then adjust the Image Dimensions in the top section. By doing so, you’ll be downsampling (getting rid of excess pixels) so make sure you’ve saved your original image with all its pixels intact before you take the step – if you ever want to print the image with acceptable resolution. Personally, I use the Save for Web feature to create web/e-mail size copies – pretty straightforward and gives you a chance to save the image under a different name – no sweat!

Chuck

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

D
desgnr
May 13, 2004
When i try to enlarge a JPG. for my web page,the image is not real sharp. How can i make the image sharper to see al the details in Photoshop 7 What size do you reccomend i should make the image to fill a wenb page.
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
May 13, 2004
you will lose quality if you enlarge a web graphic, nothing you can do about it. rgb 72dpi, is your starting point, I would go for a image size arround 800pixels wide, but depending on screen res is what determands how much of the screen gets filled.
JF
Jerry_Farnsworth
May 13, 2004
:

When i try to enlarge a JPG. for my web page,the image is not real sharp.

Yes, that’s right. Upsampling a picture softens it, and eventually adds ugly blotchy artifacts.

How can i make the image sharper to see al the details in Photoshop 7

From the small pic? You can’t. The details are gone.

Take your original, high resolution picture, save a copy. Downsize it to the new size.

What size do you reccomend i should make the image to fill a wenb page.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections