Posted By
Dave Ello
Apr 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I want to be able to batch a process that pastes a selection over an existing image (no worries), centres the selection (no problem here either) and then scales the selection to, say, 90% of the original image width (large problem).

I’m no PS expert but use it daily for relatively simple stuff so any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
David E

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

S
Sanders
Apr 11, 2004
On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 22:06:14 +1000, "Dave Ello" wrote:

Hi all,

I want to be able to batch a process that pastes a selection over an existing image (no worries), centres the selection (no problem here either) and then scales the selection to, say, 90% of the original image width (large problem).

I’m no PS expert but use it daily for relatively simple stuff so any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
David E
After doing the first operations which you label "no problem", go to Image>Image Size and change the Document Size to Percent and the field to 90. (The Percent option is nested with Inches, cm, etc.) I hope this helps.

–sanders
e-mail?Please erase theboard
S
Sanders
Apr 11, 2004

Hi all,

Regards,
David E
Oops! I misread the problem. I suggest, after making the selection, you go to Select > Transform Selection and in the Options Bar first click on the Link between H & W and then change one of the fields to 90%. Sorry for the ealier error.
–sanders
E
edjh
Apr 11, 2004
Sanders wrote:

Hi all,

Regards,
David E

Oops! I misread the problem. I suggest, after making the selection, you go to Select > Transform Selection and in the Options Bar first click on the Link between H & W and then change one of the fields to 90%. Sorry for the ealier error.
–sanders

Use Transform. If you use Transform Selection that scales the crawly ants which I doubt is what he wants in spite of his use of the term "selection".

Also, rather than Copy/Paste, use Ctrl-J (Layer via Copy)which does the same thing in one quick command.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Batman art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
DE
Dave Ello
Apr 11, 2004
Hi all,

Thanks for your replies. However, perhaps I didn’t state the problem clearly enough. I have a single image of a set width (call it "Image A") that I wish to overlay (paste… whatever you call it) over other images of varying sizes (say "Image X"). I want to be able to batch the process that overlays Image A and then automatically centres it and scales it to 90% of the width of Image X. As far as I can see, there is no way to do this.

It is likely that Image A will be both wider than or sometimes not as wide as Image X.

This is a watermarking problem and while I’ve done the research online, noone seems to scale the watermark with respect to the base image.

Cheers,
Dave

"Dave Ello" wrote in message
Hi all,

I want to be able to batch a process that pastes a selection over an existing image (no worries), centres the selection (no problem here
either)
and then scales the selection to, say, 90% of the original image width (large problem).

Regards,
David E

WS
Warren Sarle
Apr 14, 2004
"Dave Ello" wrote in message
Hi all,

Thanks for your replies. However, perhaps I didn’t state the problem clearly enough. I have a single image of a set width (call it "Image A") that I wish to overlay (paste… whatever you call it) over other images
of
varying sizes (say "Image X"). I want to be able to batch the process
that
overlays Image A and then automatically centres it and scales it to 90% of the width of Image X. As far as I can see, there is no way to do this.
It is likely that Image A will be both wider than or sometimes not as wide as Image X.

This is a watermarking problem and while I’ve done the research online, noone seems to scale the watermark with respect to the base image.

If you are familiar with Javascript, VBA/VBS, or Applescript, write a Photoshop
script to do it. Documentation can be found on the Photoshop CS CD or on Adobe’s web site.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections