DA
Posted By
david_anthony_photo
Feb 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Having recently purchased CS2 and running it on a MacG5 twin dual 2.0Ghz with 5Gb RAM

It keeps crashing and garbling files on save – the only different thing I’m doing than normal is using 16bit instead of 8bit files.

I have tried reinstalling twice – same problem – and have run tech tools pro & disk warrior on my drives

Can anyone explain/help? There seems to be no problem with CS

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
Feb 6, 2007
Have you trashed your prefs?

reinstalling and keeping corrupt prefs puts you right back where you started.

are you running the latest version 9.0.2?

does everything work in a new user?
B
Bernie
Feb 6, 2007
Have you repaired permissions before and after reinstalling?
DA
david_anthony_photo
Feb 6, 2007
Done permissions, but didn’t do the prefs – are they in \uesr\library\preferences? they’re the only ones I can find

I’ll try that

thanks
D
davidanthony
Feb 8, 2007
I did all the recommended bits, but it’s still affecting files. Its garbled files that aren’t even opened and one’s I opened then closed without saving. Oh and it’s doing it with CS now as well.

A whole load of my work’s been trashed – it’s almost like a virus, but only photoshop files have been affected. I’m at a loss what to do, I’ve run all the hardware checks, and it comes back with a clean bill of health.

I’m running everything off my intel laptop, which seems OK

Anybody got *any* idea what’s going on?
R
Ram
Feb 8, 2007
David,

Sounds very much like a hardware issue. Drive going bad, cables, connections, RAM…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections