LenHewitt
Aug 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Bruce,

these temp files can be over ten times the original file size. <<

That’s not that unusual, particularly if using many layers, but the lockup is unusual….

Photoshop will operate far better under Win2k or XP than Win98. Have you applied the 6.01 patch?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BK
Bruce Kirkaldy
Aug 27, 2003
Thanks, Len. I have the patch. The funny thing is that I have been using this machine for over a year with no problems. I’ve reinstalled Windows twice. Wondering if I should just wipe the disk and reinstall from scratch. I don’t want to have to do that, of course.
This morning I copied a small rectangle from one layer, pasted it, used the soft-edge eraser around the edges to blend it and it locked up when I tried to save. There were maybe ten operations. I even cleared the history before saving.
L
LenHewitt
Aug 28, 2003
Bruce,

Wondering if I should just wipe the disk and reinstall from scratch. <<

It’s often the best policy in the long run….

I used to do so annually or even twice a year when running Win95 and 98. It has the added advantage of generally improving performance once the detritus of years is obliterated.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections