SK
Posted By
shelley_keenan
May 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My file has 446 slices, and 90% have rollovers, the file is 9.5 MB. Every time I save optomized it crashes. If I crop it down to small sections it will optomize, but small sections are no good to me as the rollovers don’t work properly. I have tried it in both ImageReady 7 and CS. I am using Windows 2000, 2GH Pentium 4, with 512 MG RAM.

Please Help

Thanks

Shelley

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

L
LenHewitt
May 20, 2004
Shelley,

the file is 9.5 MB. <<

What on earth are your pixel dimensions? Are you intending to put that lot on a web page???

Please explain just how you intend to use this sliced image – I’m intrigued! – but whatever the intention it sounds FAR too large for web use, and is just too large for IR and Photoshop functions you are trying to use.
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 20, 2004
Yeah, it ought to just give "image too large for SFW", or somesuch. PS 7 does at some dimension or other, I forget how large, but certainly WAY before 9.5MB in any format.

M
SK
shelley_keenan
May 21, 2004
The pixel dimensions of the file are 706 x 291. It is a calendar, and each date has a rollover function which highlights the date, month, and day, and also tells the viewer if the date is available or not. It is for a wedding photography website. It is the rollovers that enlarged the file size. It was saving optimized ok, even with all the layers, until I had the rollovers done up to about mid June.
How should I go about this if not to use ImageReady?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections