KW
Posted By
Kim_West
Feb 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Background. I have Photoshop 7 and haven’t done anything differently at all and I use it constantly. Beginning last night I can no longer use the text tool. Everything else seems to be working. When I type, it reflects what I type in the Layers panel but I see no type in the document. I’ve tried everything including scaling, rasterizing, etc… Nothing works. Have I applied some setting that I’m unaware of or is my software gone haywire. Thanks for any and all help!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Feb 5, 2007
What is the ppi of the file?

what is the point size of the type?

what is the leading size?

is the type the same color as the background.
KW
Kim_West
Feb 5, 2007
Although I appreciate the response I have tried all the obvioius fixes that you mention. When I use the type tool and type and then when I try to scale it, it looks like an extremely small text resize box, no matter what the type size.
CB
charles badland
Feb 5, 2007
You checked your file resolution? ("What is the ppi of the file?")
KW
Kim_West
Feb 5, 2007
Yes, it doesn’t matter what resolution it is at, it does the same thing. I am not new to Photoshop, so I’ve covered the obvious solutions.
CB
charles badland
Feb 5, 2007
Tried trashing your preferences?

and just out of curiosity, what is the file’s ppi?
KW
Kim_West
Feb 5, 2007
I will try trashing peferences. Haven’t tried that one yet. But as to the files PPI. I’ve tried files at 72 and 300. I’ve tried opening existing files and new ones. It doesn’t matter.
KW
Kim_West
Feb 5, 2007
THANK YOU! Trashing the preferences files did it. I appreciate your help!!!! I’ve never had to do that before, so it was something new for me. THANKS AGAIN!!!

Kim
CB
charles badland
Feb 5, 2007
You’re welcome.
P
Phosphor
Feb 6, 2007
Heya Kim, If you’re still checking in…

Have a look at the following thread, paying particular attention to Len Hewitt’s reply #1. And make sure you have a look at the image linked at the bottom of his reply. It might save you some aggravation.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bb77876/1>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections