C
Posted By
Carole
May 13, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Paint Shop Pro has a warp tool (warp brush and warp mesh) that allows you to resize an individual object or part of an object inside the image, i.e., make object thinner, wider, etc. while leaving the rest of the image intact. It displays a grid on the screen for the warp mesh and resizing is possible by moving the lines on the grid up, down, in or out. Is there anything comparable to that in Adobe?

Other than a clipart object, I know of no way to resize a portion of the image. Any help will be sincerely appredciated.

Thank you.

Carole B

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
Juki
May 14, 2010
"Carole" kirjoitti
viestiss
C
Carole
May 16, 2010
Thanks Juki,

I tried that but it didn’t work for what I wanted to do — pull in sides of an object to make it look thinner — but thank you very much for your response. I appreciate it:)

Carole

"Juki" <äärä.osoite.fi> wrote in message
"Carole" kirjoitti
viestissä:hshiq7$to1$
Paint Shop Pro has a warp tool (warp brush and warp mesh) that allows you to resize an individual object or part of an object inside the image,
i.e., make object thinner, wider, etc. while leaving the rest of the
image intact. It displays a grid on the screen for the warp mesh and resizing is possible by moving the lines on the grid up, down, in or out. Is there anything comparable to that in Adobe?

Other than a clipart object, I know of no way to resize a portion of the image. Any help will be sincerely appredciated.

Thank you.

Carole B
You can copy that object to new layer then you can edit it and keeping that layer on top.
Juki
J
Juki
May 17, 2010
So,if You have CS2 or CS3, have a look Filter > Liquify Juki

"Carole" kirjoitti
viestiss
J
Juki
May 17, 2010
Or Edit > Transform >Warp with resize and so on.
Juki
"Juki" <
C
Carole
May 18, 2010
Juki,

Brilliant! You are brilliant. The liquify tool is great. It works perfectly and I would never have thought of it. Thank you so much. I sincerely appreciate your help:)

Carole

"Carole" wrote in message
Paint Shop Pro has a warp tool (warp brush and warp mesh) that allows you to resize an individual object or part of an object inside the image,
i.e., make object thinner, wider, etc. while leaving the rest of the image
intact. It displays a grid on the screen for the warp mesh and resizing is possible by moving the lines on the grid up, down, in or out. Is there anything comparable to that in Adobe?

Thank you.

Carole B

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections