AR
Posted By
Amy_Rogers
Feb 2, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an image of a quote to print out on multiple sheets of 8 x 11 paper. The help file provides instructions on "Printing part of an image." But this manual approach of using "Rectangle Marquee tool" makes it hard to align the sections so when printed, it would align neatly.

I am wondering if there is another and easier way to do this? Ideally I just want to print the entire thing all at once and receive printouts in sections that I just tape together.

If there is a tutorial that explains how to do this step by step for printing a large image (encompassing several prints) I’d love to know about it.

Thank you.
Amy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
JasonSmith
Feb 2, 2007
If you have InDesign or Illustrator, it would be a lot easier.
AR
Amy_Rogers
Feb 2, 2007
Thanks Jason. I don’t have either program. Is there a freebie? 🙂
B
Bernie
Feb 3, 2007
Try saving as a PDF and printing from Acrobat, it’s got a tiling option
AR
Amy_Rogers
Feb 3, 2007
I did try printing it as a PDF but it prints only a section of it, just as it does in regular printing. How do you get Photoshop to print all three pages at once?
B
Bernie
Feb 3, 2007
No.

SAVE to a PDf and print from Acrobat
JP
jean_p
Feb 3, 2007
Amy, with only the Photoshop toolset, you may have to do a variation of the manual approach and rectangular marquee.

Have you tried using guides and snap to guide to make your selections for printing? You can set up a guide at each page break to make the selection much easier. You can save your selections to paths or alpha channels when you get them where you want them, so the exact same selection will be easy to recall later.

Just be sure you do not include antialiasing in the saved selections, that would not be a valid print selection.
AR
Amy_Rogers
Feb 4, 2007
Thanks very much. I will consider these suggestions.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections