How do you print an image across multiple pages?

DG
Posted By
David_Gurney
Apr 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all.

I need to print something across several sheets of paper, to be assembled together to form a large printout.

I can find no way to do this in Photoshop. The Page Setup and Print dialogs don’t offer it, and I don’t see it anywhere else. A search of the help for "multiple pages" didn’t turn anything up either.

What’s the story here?

Thanks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Apr 6, 2008
InDesign.
NK
Neil_Keller
Apr 6, 2008
David,

Two key Adobe applications you probably use are created with single-page layouts: Illustrator and Photoshop. You can print with tiling, but that is clunky compared to Ramón’s recommendation for using InDesign (or QuarkXPress), specifically created for multipage layouts, such as for brochures.

Neil
DG
David_Gurney
Apr 6, 2008
Thanks for the info, guys.

I don’t have InDesign installed. I’ll consider installing it, but it’s sad that we have to install an entire app to get functionality for Adobe graphics programs that even browsers offer routinely. Jeez, Firefox spans pages automatically.

If you have a graphic larger than the page and you don’t opt to resize it, Photoshop should offer to clip the overflow or print multiple pages. And ideally, to print multiple pages with an optional overlap.

I would have thought this was in version 1. But then again, Photoshop didn’t have a thumbnail browser until what, version 7?
NK
Neil_Keller
Apr 6, 2008
David,

Please remember that page layout is not what Photoshop was designed for.

Neil
PC
Paul_Cutler
Apr 7, 2008
You can do it manually from Photoshop by shifting the image in Print Preview – not as easy but certainly possible.

pbc

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections