RM
Posted By
Russ_Myer
Jun 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I ilmport elements image into Corel; only one of the selections comes up. The image prints out well from Elements. Any hints? Doc Myer

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 24, 2004
…. only one of the selections comes up.

What does that mean?

M
RM
Russ_Myer
Jun 25, 2004
I colorized an old b and w photo of my mother, as a child. I painted (selected) parts of the image that would be a single color, and saved that part as a selection. When I opened Corel Draw, where I size my photos, etc.,, only ONE of the saved selections came up. Is it possible that each saved selection is a separate layer? I see no way to determine this. I really need to size and print my colorization for an anniversary. Doc Russ
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 25, 2004
What is the problem printing it out of Photoshop?

Understand Image/Image Size dialogue?

M
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
Jun 25, 2004
"Is it possible that each saved selection is a separate layer? I see no way to determine this."

You should be able to see layers if they exist in the Layers Palette. If the Layers Palette is not open click "Layers" in the Palette Well or Window/Show Layers.

You might try this: Open the file in PE, click Layers. If "Flatten Image" is Bold you have Layers. Click Flatten Image. Then File/Save As. Save the file with a new name as TIF. You should be able to work with it in Corel.

Bob
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 25, 2004
He mentioned saving selections.

Those are saved as alpha channels, not layers.

Need more info, like what format saving in, etc.
If PSD/TIFF, must check the Alpha channel option. JPEG can’t save them, etc.

Of course CorelDraw is a vector drawing program, like Illustrator, but very limited raster capabilities; it’s also unclear what OP is trying to do there.

Also unclear why not printed straight out of Elements.

M
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 25, 2004
Doc Myer

Can you give use a little more information exactly what you are doing. Fore what it is worth I have no problem importing PSD and Tiff created in Elements into Corel Draw or Photopaint Versions 11. Using PSD I do seem to loose some of the styles but I do maintain the layers, well Corel see them as objects but it is the same difference for practical use.

Grant

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections