Posted By
snapyou
Jan 26, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve a 24"imac using 10.4.8
I’ve had it for 4 months with no problems at all.
Was using Photoshop CS today..then just tried opening files now and the application isn’t opening at all!
Any ideas?
Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Jan 26, 2007
Does it open if you create a new account on your Mac and log in as a different user? This is an essential troubleshooting step.
S
snapyou
Jan 26, 2007
Hi Ramon,
Thanks for trying to help me.
How do I create a new account on your Mac and log in as a different user? Thanks,
Jonathan
R
Ram
Jan 26, 2007
Go to the Apple menu > System Preferences > Accounts

Click on the square button with the + sign to create a new account.
S
snapyou
Jan 26, 2007
Hi Again,
Just created a new account…and restarted but still not working. When i try to open Photoshop CS the icon appears in the dock,bounces for a second then disappears! Any other ideas?
Anyone got any idea why this problem would suddenly occurwhen it has been working fine for months? thanks!
B
Buko
Jan 26, 2007
Have you installed anything new on the computer lately?
NI
Natasha_IsCool
Jan 27, 2007
I have the exact same problem!
I’ve been using it for ages but now it just doesn’t open. I’ve reinstalled it a few times. I’m on a 2.0Ghz Macbook running OS X 10.4.8.
ImageReady works but photoshop doesn’t. It just dissapears from the dock.
R
Ram
Jan 27, 2007
Just created a new account…and restarted but still not working.

Did you actually log in as the new user?
S
snapyou
Jan 27, 2007
Hi Again Ramon,
Yes,i did log in as new user..still nothing.
Strange thing is I downloaded the demo version of CS 2 and that is working fine…but Photoshop CS is still not working..
R
Ram
Jan 27, 2007
I would re-install Photoshop, then.

If that still does not work, I’d consider an "Archive and Install" of the OS from the original Apple CD.
S
snapyou
Jan 29, 2007
Hi Ramon,
I found this fix…and it works! :

Finally, there’s a known bug in Photoshop 7 and later that can cause the application not to launch. Try this:
* Open System Preferences > Time & Date
* Click the "Time Zone" tab
* Change the time zone to something other than it is now (doesn’t matter what) * Close System Preferences.
* Now, repeat the procedure above, this time setting the time zone back to your preferred location.

Thanks for your help
R
Ram
Jan 29, 2007
You ever told us you’re in the British Isles. Known issue with that time zone.
B
Buko
Jan 29, 2007
Its also a known issue with Photoshop CS and CS2 and most likely CS3.
O
ozdog
Feb 14, 2007
Had the same issue, deleted various prefs/plists – no joy, reinstall all CS apps – no joy, reinstall OSX (10.4) and all CS apps – no joy. Watched start-up and it seemed to crash at Import/Export Plug-ins, so I removed them 3 files (TWAIN, , started up fine so far.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections