Could not open the clipboard………not enough RAM?

BL
Posted By
Bob_Lund
May 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Friends – I’m getting this message every time I open Photoshop CS. XP PC has 2 GB of RAM. Ideas? – Thanks, Bob

"Could not open the clipboard because there is not enough memory (RAM)"

In preferences, under memory & Cache, Memory Usage, Available RAM : 1757MB, maximum used by Photoshop is set at 85%

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
May 27, 2005
Bob:

How much empty space is available on your scratch drive? Sometimes out of memory conditions are related to scratch space.

Also, try reducing your Photoshop memory percentage to 55% and see if that helps.
F
font9a
May 27, 2005
I am getting the error: "Could not complete your request because there is not enough RAM".

WinXP SP2
1 GB RAM, PS CS2 set to 55%
100 GB free on System drive, 35 GB free on Scratch drive

and then PS CS2 crashes on exit….

this is really demoralizing.
F
font9a
May 27, 2005
And now the document won’t open, becuase… there is not enough RAM…

I am so hosed. This is for a client. And the document is a whopping 7 MB. I purged everything before it crashed. I have tried everything I know and I don’t think it’s recoverable. This really really really is not a good day. PS CS2 has ruined my day.

AAGGGHHH!
L
LenHewitt
May 27, 2005
And have you tried deleting your preference file as per the Forum FAQs?
F
font9a
May 27, 2005
yes.
F
font9a
May 27, 2005
document opens with all smart objects POOF! gone. I don’t think I can ever rely on "smart" objects again. this is just too much frustration.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections