JE
Posted By
Jeffrey Ellis
Jan 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m now working with an Epson R260. It totally sucks. If you have any chance, please *do not* buy one. The ink is nicer and more permanent, but… read on.

First, it seems the first print every morning is desaturated from the night before. I have no idea why. The only cure is to up the Saturation again. This is even with brand new cartridges.

Next the .icc’s for proofing look completely useless to me. Plus, I had to call Epson TS to figure out which one to use, as Epson decided to replace such overly wordy descriptions for paper stocks as Glossy Photo Paper with PPGP, UPG, etc. Oh, and sorry — they also combined some of the stocks into a single .icc file (the R260 being far more accurate than previous printers of course!) — and forgot to tell anyone. That makes the guessing all the more fun.

So now, I’m having the issue where even the slightest bend in the paper is causing it to catch at the bottom and over print a double-image… ruining 10 min. worth of printing time. Oh, I forgot to mention — if the paper in question is not made by Epson, Epson TS will tell you it’s not their problem, man.

These are Glossy CD-Inserts (Epson doesn’t make CD Inserts). So what I need is to turn the paper upside down so the bottom gets printed properly — and print the tops and bottoms on separate sheets. However, when I just turn the paper upside down, and Rotate my layer 180 degrees — it no longer fits properly on the page.

Is there a better way to do this?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections