J
Posted By
jjames369
Nov 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Since installing CS, all Epson (Stylus Photo 2200) .icc profiles have become dysfunctional(they worked great under 7.0.1, but now won’t work under either version.) A severe magenta color cast appears at print preview and in print. The only work around (re: Adobe phone tech support) is to set Print Space to "Same as Source" rendering .icc profiles useless.

This appears to be a bug in need of an Adobe fix; but I’d appreciate hearing from anyone who has a workaround that allows use of .icc profiles.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CS
Carol_Steele
Nov 5, 2003
It’s working purrfectly on my system using either the Epson profiles for a Photo915 printer
C42UX or an
Accucolor 900

Carol
(Posted from the UK)
BG
barry_gray
Nov 5, 2003
sounds suspiciously like a bad monitor profile. Have you tried adobe gamma? start with a new profile – not your old one.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Nov 6, 2003
Unless he has tweaked the file, a change in the monitor profile should not change the print. At least, that’s my understanding.
BL
Bill_Lamp
Nov 6, 2003
jjames,

You just added another reason to hold off on Photoshop CS. My 2200 works quite well and I sure don’t want to "break" it.

Bill
CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 9, 2003
It’s working fine for me (and the 30 or so prints I made last week).
M
michaelcassidy
Nov 17, 2003
I have this problem also on my Dell running XP, but not on my Toshiba running Win2000. Perhaps it is a bios or hardware compatability problem since obviously many people are not experiencing the problem. What hardware and OS are you using?
PC
Philo_Calhoun
Nov 17, 2003
It works fine for me too. Check the info below on Magenta tint in printing to epson 2200 printer: the most common reason that I’ve seen is double profiling. Ian Lyons description of printing complete with screen grabs needs to be reviewed carefully. If you haven’t readjusted your old files and the printing is magenta, it has nothing to do with the monitor profile. Either the printer icc is off (unlikely) or somehow the printing settings have gotten changed (most likely)
CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 17, 2003
Check your settings in the Photoshop print dialog and the Epson driver dialog.

Your results should be the same between PS 7 and PS CS.
D
duncanmckie
Dec 27, 2003
I am having exactly the same problem with my 2200 going from Ver 5.5 to Ver 7.0…this is NOT an adjustment problem, it is a bug. I found the workaround myself…the only other approach is to edit in Photoshop and PRINT in another program like Qimage…not very neat!

I hope that someone admits this is an issue soon and creates a fix.

My suspicion is that in upgrading, something is left behind that needs to be removed!
CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 7, 2004
Duncan – it is certainly not a bug, there will be no fix (because there is no bug).

You are doing something different in the two versions, and thus getting different results.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections