KB
Posted By
Ken_Bernards
Mar 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running 10.3.2 and have installed the included Photoshop Elements 2.0. It runs fine in 10.3.2 if I start from the Finder, but if I scan to Elements, it will automatically start up in Classic mode (and it gets real slow). I have gone to the Get Info dialog to make sure that Classic mode is not selected. I have trashed all files includeing the preferences files and re-installed Elements. Still opens only in Classic mode. Any ideas what is triggering this?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Mar 4, 2004
I’m just bringing this post closer to the top. The only thing I can think of is checking something within the settings of the Canon scanning software; that might be the source of the bad path to Elements. I don’t have any Canon software installed on either of the computers running OS X, and I can’t remember how it’s set up.
LM
Lou_M
Mar 4, 2004
Ken, I have a Canon N670U scanner, which is the series that preceded the LiDE series of scanners. You can try two things:

1. Scan from Photoshop Elements. Start Elements and do a File–>Import and then select ScanGear CS 7.0.1X … This should allow you to scan, but of course you can’t use the scanner buttons or the CanoScan Toolbox.

2. The permanent solution is to open up the CanoScan Toolbox X (in your Applications folder). Then click the Big Blue Button on top the "Scan-1" text. Then under the "Link Scanned image to" section, click the Set… button. Then navigate to /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 2/Contents/MacOS/ and click on "Photoshop ELements 2.0" and click the Open button. What this does is it navigates through the Elements application’s "package" (which is just a folder, really) and selects the OS X version of Elements rather than the Classic version.

That should fix it. Post back if need more help.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Mar 4, 2004
Also, did you download the latest drivers from Canon’s website? If you installed from the CD note that you need to use the driver deleter that’s found on the downloads page of the canon site to uninstall your current driver before replacing it.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections