SC
Posted By
Sean_C._Patton
Oct 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am stumped. I have a computer that has built in card readers. When I use my digital camera’s card to download pictures XP’s Scanner and Camera wizard no longer work’s. All of this has happened since installing Photo Elements.

Has anyone had this problem? Is there a way to fix it? I know I can get the pics going a different route, but it is a longer process, where as the XP way is basically a one step process.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Sean

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JB
Joel_Burns
Dec 6, 2003
I have the same problem. Camera and Scanner Wizard no longer works after install of PE 2.0. Hello Adobe???
HS
Hania_Stadtler
Dec 8, 2003
Thank you. I have been reading this forum for the past 3 hours – and yes, finally found others having the problem I have.

Help!!!!!

Hania
JB
Joel_Burns
Dec 8, 2003
I spoke this morning with Adobe Technical Support. This is a known issue with PE 2.0. The tech said I might be able to fix the problem by installing the TWAIN driver foy my camera – but the camera vendor (Olympus) says specifically *not* to install the TWAIN driver for Windows XP. Since this isn’t a make-or-break feature for me, I’ll probably just live with the limitation for now.

(BTW … a fix by Adobe may be being worked, but no plan or schedule as to when/if a patch would be release for PE 2.0.)
HS
Hania_Stadtler
Dec 22, 2003
Can’t figure out how to automatically delete the pictures from the camera now that I no longer have the wizard doing it for me. I know there is a way, because I was able to do it once, but can’t remember how. Appreciate any help.
Hania
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 22, 2003
Hania, you’re either going to have to give more information about your camera and hope someone else on the forum has a similar model or – probably fastest – is to check the camera manual for instructions. I use a card reader, so I just delete image files while the card is still in the computer.
TF
Terri_Foster
Dec 22, 2003
Here’s a thought. Maybe you checkmarked always open with photoshop elements in the "device open with" dialog. I did that with my scanner and ended up uninstalling it, then not checking the always open with box when the dialog comes up…so I have to designate what program opens my pictures each time I transfer photos. I found always open with is not a good choice when using multiple input devices. I think if your wizard is suddenly not working that perhaps you have installed something recently…and checked always open with on that devices application software.

Terri
SS
Susan_S.
Dec 23, 2003
Personally I *never* automatically delete the images from the camera or the CF card (I use a card reader) after downloading. Not until I am sure that I have a secure back up of the photos burnt onto CD. Just in case something goes wrong with the download… I always format the card in the camera once I’m sure that everything is OK and all the backups are fine…but then I’m terrifed at the thought of losing my beloved photos!
Susan S.
BB
brent_bertram
Dec 23, 2003
Susan,
I find myself concurring with you at an alarming rate <G> . Must be my Aussie blood !

🙂
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 23, 2003
Susan, I’ll second that motion!! I lost some images of my son before his high school graduation, not because of any computer problems but rather ‘operator error’ in downloading (i.e., I forgot to download them….). The card was zapped before I discovered my error and the images are gone forever…

🙁

Chuck
SK
Shan_Ko
Dec 23, 2003
Susan,

Re: Your #7.
That’s what I do too. Haven’t lost an image or fried any cards since.

Shan

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections