G
Posted By
GotGraphic
Feb 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I upgraded from PS7 to PS8 (PS CS) and now PS doesn’t recognize my Canon CanoScan LieDE 30 scanner. I went to the Canon website to get the lastest driver but still no luck.

I also upgraded from Jaguar to Panther at the same time as I upgraded to the Adobe CS suite, so I don’t know if the problem is Adobe or Apple.

Has anyone had problems with their scanners and PS8? There used to be a selection under File/Import/Twain something or other, but now there’s nothing. There was also an option under the File/Import to select the CanoScan scanner, but now there’s nothing.

Help please

Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Feb 16, 2004
reinstall your drivers and repair the permissions.
G
GotGraphic
Feb 16, 2004
Thanks Wade. Completly forgot about the driver… my bad, do I feel stupid.
SV
Shawn_Vann
Apr 20, 2004
Does this mean that the LiDE 30 will work with PS8 and Panther? I wasn’t able to find any documentation about this combination functioning together.

Thanks,
Shawn
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Apr 20, 2004
Shawn that appears to be what GotGraphic is saying, just reinstall the new driver and repair the permissions.

Glad you solved your problem and who doesn’t do from time to time.

You know I give this advice so often I can’t count how many times and yet when I have this problem myself I just can’t figure what I’m doing wrong. Go figure.
G
GotGraphic
Apr 20, 2004
Yep, what Wade said. Everything works great with the scanner, my Adobe apps and Panther (10.3). I just needed to find the CD-ROM that came with the scanner and reinstalle the drivers (so make sure you never lose track of all the CD-ROMS that come with any hardware you get).

I don’t remember if I ever found an update at the Canon site. But if I recall correctly, I think there was an update that would update the EXHISTING drivers. In other words, if you didn’t already have the drivers installed, then the update wouldn’t work.
SV
Shawn_Vann
Apr 21, 2004
Nice. Very nice. I actually don’t have the scanner yet but was strongly considering it until I couldn’t find anything on the Canon site about Panther. I guess I am going to swing by the store today and take a final look.
G
GotGraphic
Apr 22, 2004
I’m happy with it 😀
SB
Sleazy_Breezy
Jun 24, 2004
Did the PS8 install overwrite the PS7 install?

All you need is the ScanGear plugin from PS7 and drag it into the correct folder on your PS8 setup.
SW
sam_walton
Jul 1, 2004
Which drivers are we talking about? I did a fresh install of Panther and downloaded the latest s/w from Canon (Scangear and CS toolbox).

Even though the TWAIN driver is in the correct place in "Import/Export" I still don’t see "TWAIN Import" in the Import menu in CS.

I have repaired the permissions.

Are we talking Photoshop drivers? Unaware there were any, sam

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections