R
Posted By
Ron
Apr 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Running Elements 3.0 on a P3 equiv, 512 RAM. WinXP All of a sudden my clone and some other tools (eg. dodge, burn…but not line, type) have simply stopped working. This started when I was doing some 6 meg jpg’s converted from raw. I think it’s happened before but was usually cured by simply restarting program.

Have tried resets,reboots, all kinds of disc/registray defrags, etc. as well as program repair to no avail. Any ideas on what might be going on. Note I have not done a a complete uninstall-reinstall. Or hand-cleaned registry. Would prefer to avoid that. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

H
harrylimey
Apr 22, 2005
"Ron" wrote in message
Running Elements 3.0 on a P3 equiv, 512 RAM. WinXP All of a sudden my clone and some other tools (eg. dodge, burn…but not line, type) have simply stopped working. This started when I was doing some 6 meg jpg’s converted from raw. I think it’s happened before but was usually cured by simply restarting program.

Have tried resets,reboots, all kinds of disc/registray defrags, etc. as well as program repair to no avail. Any ideas on what might be going on. Note I have not done a a complete uninstall-reinstall. Or hand-cleaned registry. Would prefer to avoid that. Thanks!

Not sure if you have tried this!! but in any case it does no harm to mention again.

RESET THE PREFERENCES AS YOU LAUNCH: this can quite often solve problems with Photoshop – hopefully it is the same for Elements!! Quit Photoshop and then re-launch it, holding down PC: Control-Alt-Shift. You’ll be asked if you want to delete the preferences.
Click OK and all your settings will revert back to the original "out-of-the-box" defaults.

Harry
R
Ron
Apr 22, 2005
Harry:

Thanks. After a morning of loading, reloading, comparing setup with other computer, editing registry, etc. I discovered the problem, and, boy, am I pretty dumb. I use a Wacon tablet as well as a traditional mouse. Picked up the stylus and found that it worked perfectly. Put it in its holder, where it belongs, and, voila, everything else worked. Soooo, the stylus and however it transmits was interfering with the wiredmouse which was simply too close to it. At any rate, all seems to be working just fine (for the moment….). Live and learn.

/ron

Harry Limey wrote:

"Ron" wrote in message

Not sure if you have tried this!! but in any case it does no harm to mention again.

RESET THE PREFERENCES AS YOU LAUNCH: this can quite often solve problems with Photoshop – hopefully it is the same for Elements!! Quit Photoshop and then re-launch it, holding down PC: Control-Alt-Shift. You’ll be asked if you want to delete the preferences.
Click OK and all your settings will revert back to the original "out-of-the-box" defaults.

Harry

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections